Author Topic: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK  (Read 13158 times)

Ballymurphygirl

Re: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2019, 06:31:57 PM »
====
Exactly Syriana.
Everyone who has access to any Media outlets whasoever is well aware of this trend.
Not only that,many have first hand knowledge of it in their own areas.
For someone to continually `dine out `on the subject IMHO is questionable in the extreme.

jilly
so itís not up for debate then jilly  ??? ppl ďdining  out ď  in this subject really !!!!!
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2019, 06:34:24 PM »
I really donít care whether you think me heartless or not but a lot of the suicides of young people is quite simply todayís society attitude that everyone is a winner in life and if something bad happens to them it must be the end of the world as they know it and of course most importantly it must be someone elseís fault. FACT , life is hard , you WILL experience setbacks, you will be DISAPPOINTED , FACT ,learn to put it down to experience, learn that things will most definitely not always go your way , and most importantly for young people learn that THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU !
i think the thread is more about sending support to the families
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2019, 06:35:46 PM »
Iím as depressed as a lorry load of depressed things that have a special reason for being depressed and that depression was brought on by reading all the depressed things on this depressive thread.

:girl_cray:

Stop the thread itís dead already !  :stop:
itís a forum  why would thd thread be stopped  ???

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2019, 06:47:05 PM »
===
A true and factual post Ali.

That`s sadly how it is in most cases.

In all generations before mine ,and mine, we just got on with whatever hand we were dealt.No names no packdrill.
When a boy or girl broke up with us we did not go to a wood and hang ourselves-or take and overdose.
Such things as drugs of course had no place in our environment-and hanging oneself would never have crossed our minds.

Today`s youngsters in some communities are given all the material stuff they ask for-its a way for the parents to avoid parenting as it should be.
Therefore,these children think this is how life will be for them-so when they find an occasion when this is not the case they simply do not have the moral fibre to behave normally and so join the suicide train.
Until normal family values and life are returned to our society this will go on.
Mental health is a great excuse-but its just that-and excuse IMHO.
The cure is to return to traditional society and family life where a Mother and Father bring children into this world with love within a loving marriage.
jilly
Jilly the world turns and evolves everyday   I donít het what your trying to say regarding a loving family  ??? are you suggesting that only having one parent may contribute to Suicide  ??? mental health issues just an excuse  ??? ( your words ď ) well thereís been a few who have committed suicide who have had everything to help them through life including the love of two parents including access to being able to get material things yet the deathes  go on  ??? oh thereís something seriouly wrong alright sadly no one has the answers   and I do understand itís just your honest opinion thankfully  those that council donít think like that

Bigali

« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2019, 06:50:13 PM »
itís a forum  why would thd thread be stopped  ???

You obviously didnít get the irony so I wonít waste my time trying to explain it to you.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

James James

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2019, 07:46:13 PM »
Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action         https://www.nicva.org/team

"8,158 deaths in Northern Ireland:"

"We need a suicide prevention strategy as a matter of urgency"

https://www.nicva.org/article/8158-deaths-in-northern-ireland-we-need-a-suicide-prevention-strategy-as-a-matter-of-urgency

James James

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2019, 07:55:42 PM »

https://scopeni.nicva.org/article/suicide-survivor%E2%80%99s-moving-story-hope

"Suicide survivorís moving story of hope"

VERY powerful,... disturbing, moving, informative and intimate personal interview account.

Kind of even beautiful statement, in it's own very personal kind of way,... but judge that aspect for yourselves of course.     https://vimeo.com/111514050

James James

« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2019, 03:54:37 PM »
"Tue, Sep 3, 2019"
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/mental-health-problems-the-hidden-legacy-of-the-troubles-1.4005470

"Mental health problems the hidden legacy of the Troubles"

"Campaigners urge greater action to deal with high rates of suicide and PTSD in North"  Etcetera,...

James James

« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2019, 10:08:40 PM »

"30th World Congress of the International Association for Suicide Prevention"
ďBreaking Down Walls & Building BridgesĒ

Quote,...
Dear Friends and Colleagues,...

On behalf of the Organising Committee of IASP 2019 it is our pleasure to invite you to join us for the 30th World Congress of the International Association for Suicide Prevention which will be held in Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland, from 17th-21st September 2019.

The theme for IASP 2019 is ďBreaking Down Walls and Building BridgesĒ, a theme that not only resonates with the landmarks in our beautiful city, but also reflects the work we do in suicide prevention and building hope for those in crisis.

In association with Visit Derry, the Western Health & Social Care Trust and Ulster University, we are delighted to be hosting IASP 2019 and look forward to welcoming you.

Derry-Londonderry is one of Europeís most popular up and coming destinations. It is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city, steeped in history and tradition.

This, combined with the world famous Celtic charm and friendly hospitality is sure to guarantee an enjoyable and cultural city to visit for everyone.

We invite you to watch the videos below showing all that our wonderful city has to offer you and we look forward to welcoming you to our city in 2019.

Yours sincerely,... Local Organising Committee, IASP 2019

​Professor Siobhan OíNeill, Barry McGale & Professor Rory OíConnor

tours

« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2019, 01:39:24 PM »
God Bless them all.
None of us know what's around the corner, in Our own homes, friends and community.  
Fair play, James... 👍

James James

« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2019, 06:49:45 AM »
"BBC Newsline"      https://m.facebook.com/BBCNewsline/videos/691057188074638/ 

"North Belfast has some of the highest suicide rates in the UK and a new report sets out recommendations on how to reverse that trend. The Care Zone report brings together key members of the community to offer help and support to people in need. Those behind the scheme say it has been successful."