Author Topic: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK  (Read 3484 times)

derdrei

Re: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »
it is very sad to read about suicide you really dont know the rate of how many are not well and resort to it . :(

James James

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
June 2018
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/northern-ireland-suicide-epidemic-mental-health-funding-the-troubles-a8365871.html

Northern Ireland is facing a suicide epidemic but continues to be ignored in UK mental health funding

As the country struggles to escape the trauma of the Troubles, campaigners are desperately fighting for support from Westminster

derdrei

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 01:30:53 AM »
June 2018
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/northern-ireland-suicide-epidemic-mental-health-funding-the-troubles-a8365871.html

Northern Ireland is facing a suicide epidemic but continues to be ignored in UK mental health funding

As the country struggles to escape the trauma of the Troubles, campaigners are desperately fighting for support from Westminster
mental health awful hope they get help soon before any more tragedy  :( .

jillyfred

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 09:53:59 AM »

There must be something causing this terrible heartbreaking thing.
I just wish we could find out what it is.
jilly
 :(

tours

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 10:38:12 AM »
jilly
Having Jesus Christ walking side by side, is a terrific help. 😊

Dot/dash

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
June 2018

NI receives Barnett consequential payments             as do Scotland/Wales          for

any increase in England's NHS funding              NI are responsible for choosing how

the extra funding is spent        stop banging Westminster   

love me       love my gelding    

ldugan

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »
June 2018

Hopefully they all get the help and support they need soon.

Dot/dash

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
jilly

within 11 months           .      three people I've known         .      2 under 50        ..      1 a retired

police officer     (ex army)                have all hanged themselves               all  male      God rest their

souls             comfort their family       
love me       love my gelding    

James James

derdrei

James James

misssmyth1

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 01:06:37 PM »
I am shocked to read all of this  what an awful place someone must be in to take their own lives I have no answers but thank goodness there are people who are trying to help them . but....  they have to ask for the help in the first place and probably too deep in their despair to even think of anything sensible like asking for help..it it so very sad . we have i'm sure all been in a bad place at times in our lives but what a place to be when suicide seems to be the only answer. heartbreaking  

tours

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
I see one of the Kennedy family (Kennedy Center west belfast) died in his 40's.
 Suicide can strike anywhere anytime.
It crosses social class etc....
Life seems so fast and complicated these days.
Sometimes I wonder, the more you (money/power/status) have the more to worry about. 😕
I dont have much...
My father use to say regularly, "Keep it simple." He had a very tough childhood.
Yet it made him tough....and his siblings.
He didn't leave much () when he died (RIP), yet he left everything (his Christian faith).
What more do you need ?
For me, anyway....
I would drop everything and give the last penny in my pocket, to help ANYONE....
Thank God to be a giver rather than a taker.
So many running around today, wrapped up in themselves and what they can get.
So shallow, and leads to eventual unhappiness. Either broken homes, breakdown in families/friendships, loneliness, alcoholism/drugs, sexual deviancy, jealousy, sloth, greed, poidon tongues etc etc...
My Christ is one of LOVE....towards anyone, given MY warts/faults and all.
I have lost a number of friends to suicide, and still can't get my head around it.
Such tragedy all around.