Author Topic: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK  (Read 21194 times)

tours

Re: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2020, 01:42:37 AM »
Did Stephen Clements RIP commit suicide?
He had just taken over from Sean Coyle on Radio Ulster, and seemed full of life and well liked. A young family too.
I could well be wrong.... In that he took his own life.

tours

« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2020, 01:59:47 AM »
I believe Robin Swann Unionist MLA, to be a decent spud.
I think he was visiting North Belfast today, to get an idea of the problems in psychiatric/suicide provision/prevention.
I think he has a good heart.
He will do whats right.... 👍
Odd though, he resigned as Ulster Unionist leader to spend more time with his family.
Yet.... Signs up to one of the most demanding ministerial roles (Stormont/Health), at the drop of a hat.
Strange.
I hope its not, all about the money
I think better of him..

Billy Fish

« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2020, 09:16:06 PM »
I believe Robin Swann Unionist MLA, to be a decent spud.
I think he was visiting North Belfast today, to get an idea of the problems in psychiatric/suicide provision/prevention.
I think he has a good heart.
He will do whats right.... 👍
Odd though, he resigned as Ulster Unionist leader to spend more time with his family.
Yet.... Signs up to one of the most demanding ministerial roles (Stormont/Health), at the drop of a hat.
Strange.
I hope its not, all about the money
I think better of him..

Someone you partially like.  :o
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Billy Fish

« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »
He had just taken over from Sean Coyle on Radio Ulster, and seemed full of life and well liked. A young family too.

An appalling slur, as usual.  >:D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

tours

« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2020, 11:40:04 PM »
God have mercy on his soul. RIP.
May the good Lord guide and protect his wife and children.
Amen.

James James

« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2020, 06:57:27 AM »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/stephen-clements-last-days-irish-21237191

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1226136/Stephen-Clements-dead-cause-of-death-funeral-police-statement-news-latest-update

James James

« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2020, 03:29:21 AM »
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/youth-group-in-emergency-appeal-over-teen-suicides-in-northern-ireland-38911763.html

"Youth group in emergency appeal over teen suicides in Northern Ireland"

"A youth group has called for a mental health emergency to be declared over what it is describing as a teenage suicide crisis."

"The Northern Ireland Youth Forum  https://www.niyf.org/  said the Christmas and New Year period had been "one of the worst witnessed"."

"Ahead of an emergency meeting today, its director Chris Quinn said:"...

"This has been going on for weeks; I myself have spent a number of hours in hospitals waiting with young people in need of help. My staff and I have been on the end of the phone constantly."

"I've been on top of organisations begging to get help for these young people."

"We're telling them to speak out, but then they've nowhere to turn to when waiting lists are 10-12 weeks long - it's not good enough."        etcetera,...

James James

« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2020, 03:31:37 AM »
"Mental health: Crowds gather at Stormont to call for better services"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51341487

James James

« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2020, 01:25:15 AM »
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/northern-ireland-gp-reveals-children-as-young-as-nine-being-referred-to-mental-health-services-38948798.html

"Northern Ireland GP reveals children as young as nine being referred to mental health services"

"A Northern Ireland GP has revealed he is referring children as young as nine to mental health services."

"Dr Michael McKenna said he regularly sees children experiencing mental health difficulties, including anxiety and depression, but the health service is struggling to cope with demand."

"The west Belfast-based GP also said that self-harming by teenagers has also become a huge issue."    etcetera

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Children and young people affected by any issues in this article can contact Childline 24 hours a day, 365 days a year"

"on 0800 1111 or by visiting www.childline.org.uk "