Author Topic: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK  (Read 11030 times)

derdrei

Re: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2019, 09:34:00 AM »
Yes, everyone could do without  that ... :(
that is for sure.

James James

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
"10 JUL 2019"
https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brother-west-belfast-dad-who-16564419

"Brother of West Belfast dad who took his own life welcomes football club's suicide awareness campaign"

"The brother of a West Belfast dad who took his own life three years ago is backing a new mental health awareness campaign being supported by St James' Swifts Football Club."

tours

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2019, 01:44:17 AM »
I see a list of drug dealers in North Belfast is doing the rounds. Social media.
20 odd names.
Drugs is directly responsible for a vast majority of young suicides, especially in North Belfast.
I don't necessarily agree with going public with names... as, of course, some named could be totally innocent.
Yet, is it a cry for help towards the RUC here, to do more?
Some of the names listed, certainly the dogs on the street would know them to be true and not far of the mark.
Are communities justified in acting in this way? ??? 
Some communities wonder where the benefits of the peace are? ???
Seems more young kids are committing suicide in Ardoyne/Shankil these days  (drug related) , than where dying due to the troubles..
Crazy
I think its something we can all agree on.
😊
It crosses religion and politics.
It's just so sad....
All I seem to hear of, is young kids killing themselves. RIP
Sorry to be a gloom merchant.

James James

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2019, 06:14:43 AM »
Sure thing,... drugs don't to it for anybody anywhere,... and they only suffice to detract attention from the real source of the problems.

As for the troubles,... had a relative who crossed the "local peace line divide" and made contact with the folks on the other side as soon as the GFA permitted such activity,... he became very personally friendly with several of them,... and it worked so well that two very senior activists from both sides held a first time peace process meeting in his residence,... and even the local PSNI boss praised him for intervening verbally to dissuade any of the local youths in his area who were getting a bit too frisky, instead of the PSNI having to get involved. When he passed soon afterwards from a long term very serious illness, at the request of his family guys from both sides jointly carried his coffin.

It can be done,... it just takes the will and the determined desire to do it.

stickleback

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »

This is a very strange thread.

At James James bidding, it seems like all Northern Irish suicides are linked to drugs or politics.

While indeed, on a much smaller scale than London suicides, some deaths might be sadly attributable to overdose, the political connection is somewhat harder to prove. I'm not sure where we are going with this one.

Billy Fish

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2019, 08:00:15 PM »

This is a very strange thread.

At James James bidding, it seems like all Northern Irish suicides are linked to drugs or politics.

While indeed, on a much smaller scale than London suicides, some deaths might be sadly attributable to overdose, the political connection is somewhat harder to prove. I'm not sure where we are going with this one.

Neither are most people.  :D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

James James

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2019, 05:05:43 AM »
Tragically,... but perhaps not unexpectedly, this lovely lady has now been found, and in tragic circumstances,...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/body-recovered-from-lough-neagh-in-search-for-missing-dolores-hughes-38288072.html

Possibly another such imminent tragedy. !

"14 June 2019"
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/missing-n-i-woman-s-audi-a3-discovered-near-river-p-s-n-i-warn-public-not-to-enter-water-for-any-reason-1-8963529

Quote,...

A car belonging to missing Northern Ireland woman Dolores Hughes has been discovered near a river.

The P.S.N.I. have been trying to locate Dolores Hughes since she was last seen in the Moy area on Wednesday June 5, 2019.

“We are still searching and conducting enquiries to locate a missing person Dolores Hughes, age 62,” said police.

“Dolores is described as 5’5”tall of slim build and wearing a black vest top and dark coloured knee length skirt.”

Police confirmed a car belonging to the missing woman was discovered near the Blackwater River recently.

Dolores would have been driving a red Audi A3 on the day she was last seen, the vehicle was located close to the Blackwater River which has been the focus of police searches to date,” said the P.S.N.I.

“We would ask any person who saw Dolores around this time to get in touch by phoning 101 and quoting the reference 538 6/6/19.

“We would also urge the public to exercise extreme caution around the Blackwater River and not to enter the water for any reason,” they added.

tours

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2019, 10:37:24 AM »
"Church of Ireland rector wants to raise suicide awareness at Belfast Pride"

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/church-of-ireland-rector-wants-to-raise-suicide-awareness-at-belfast-pride-38356420.html

https://www.christiansatpride.com/
The best way for those with same sex attraction, in avoiding suicide, is not to physically act out those sinnful/destructive feelings.
It's a spiral of downward madness there after, when they do.
Follow the teaching's of the Bible, and seek support from the right people.
There is support out there, to prevent the chaos....

James James

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2019, 09:16:56 AM »
The best way for those with same sex attraction, in avoiding suicide, is not to physically act out those sinnful/destructive feelings.
It's a spiral of downward madness there after, when they do.
Follow the teaching's of the Bible, and seek support from the right people.
There is support out there, to prevent the chaos....
I have seen no properly researched and evidenced claims that such a connection has any validity or genuine credibility, either about that particular form of sexual preference choice or about any other kind of sexual lifestyle choice or preference.

James James

« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2019, 02:57:20 AM »
"17 AUG 2019"

"Former Belfast Councillor David Armitage opens up on suicide attempt in a bid to help others struggling"

"He was saved by two strangers in Belfast"

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/former-belfast-councillor-david-armitage-16771149

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2019, 07:22:50 PM »
Very sad news and no help it seems from anyone up the hill 15 lives lost  to suicide this past two weeks  :(
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Belle Fast

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2019, 01:08:30 AM »
The best way for those with same sex attraction, in avoiding suicide, is not to physically act out those sinnful/destructive feelings.[/size]It's a spiral of downward madness there after, when they do. Follow the teaching's of the Bible, and seek support from the right people.There is support out there, to prevent the chaos....

[/size]
Are you for real??? Who are the right people??? One of those 'right people' who followed the bible and was one of the Pope's right hand men has just this week lost his appeal against his sentence for child abuse. Unfortunately one of his victims didn't live to see justice done. [/size]
As for spiral of downward madness, I think you are in the grips. [/size]

Bigali

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2019, 07:26:15 AM »
[size=0px]Are you for real??? Who are the right people??? One of those 'right people' who followed the bible and was one of the Pope's right hand men has just this week lost his appeal against his sentence for child abuse. Unfortunately one of his victims didn't live to see justice done. [/size][size=0px][size=0px]As for spiral of downward madness, I think you are in the grips.[/size]

O0

Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .