Author Topic: Are you just starting Family History research?  (Read 131395 times)

Silverstream

Re: Are you just starting Family History research?
« Reply #330 on: May 04, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »
Hi Sam Barry, thank you for the info, greatly appreciated, the BF seems to open a lot more doors than I thought possible, worth its weigh in gold. SS. aka John (Jack)Terrington

Silverstream

sam barry

« Reply #331 on: May 05, 2015, 12:46:43 PM »
Here are a couple more sites for you to search re "Terrington's"
www.findagrave.com  and www.billiongraves.com
There are several Terrington's on both sites, the second one has an Isabella Terrington,buried in Clandeboye Cemetery,Bangor,Co.Down. together with a photograph of the headstone.
You never know you might just find some distant relatives.

RAE

« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2015, 03:50:54 PM »
LOOKING FOR ANY HISTORY ON ELDER FAMILY SINCE 1900 IN ARDOYNE - THEY ARE MY DIRECT RELATIONS. .MANY THANKS.

sam barry

« Reply #333 on: December 04, 2015, 04:12:01 PM »
Search the 1901/1911 Census at http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/  you should find some of the "Elder" family there,
Here's a starter :

Residents of a house 33 in Herbert Street (Clifton Ward, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname   Forename   Age   Sex   Relation to head   Religion
O Hare   John   18   Male   Boarder   R Catholic
O Hare   Elizabeth   16   Female   Boarder   R Catholic
Elder   Ellen   3   Female   Daughter   R Catholic
Elder   Mary Ann   7   Female   Daughter   R Catholic
Elder   Charles   45   Male   Head of Family   R Catholic
Elder   Joseph   1   Male   Son   R Catholic
Elder   William   9   Male   Son   R Catholic
Elder   Elizabeth   42   Female   Wife   R Catholic

CMcG

« Reply #334 on: December 04, 2015, 05:16:56 PM »
LOOKING FOR ANY HISTORY ON ELDER FAMILY SINCE 1900 IN ARDOYNE - THEY ARE MY DIRECT RELATIONS. .MANY THANKS.

A lot of material already posted here (just to avoid any duplication):

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,63806.msg1821942.html#msg1821942

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

johnmc

« Reply #335 on: June 10, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »
looking  [ for a friend ] for any info on Henry Watts , born circa 1811 and possibly migrated to Canada. Maybe because of the potato famine
                More than likely was an Ulster man
                                                     regards and thanks   johnmc

SUSANmua103

« Reply #336 on: July 15, 2016, 03:29:14 PM »
I've been researching family history for over one year! My Great Grandparents lived 10 Garnet Street in 1887 approx.  their name McAllister (but there's many variations of the spelling)! Can anyone help?

jaykim

« Reply #337 on: August 01, 2016, 07:01:58 PM »
I'm sure someone could help but would need a bit more information than just a last name and address.  Could you post as much information that could point us in the right direction?

Kathleen

« Reply #338 on: September 05, 2016, 02:42:51 AM »
Hi Chris, I want to find the whole census on the Philip Donnelly  family. I mean list of people in the house at the time of census. I only seem to be able to get it on one name, Philip donnelly, 25 Cullingtree Rd. Am I looking in the wrong area? Also I need to know how, and where I can obtain a death cert? Many thanks in advance. [email protected]       Saoirse Kathleen Donnelly

valkerr

« Reply #339 on: September 05, 2016, 05:04:06 AM »
Hi Chris, I want to find the whole census on the Philip Donnelly  family. I mean list of people in the house at the time of census. I only seem to be able to get it on one name, Philip donnelly, 25 Cullingtree Rd. Am I looking in the wrong area? Also I need to know how, and where I can obtain a death cert? Many thanks in advance. [email protected]       Saoirse Kathleen Donnelly

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Smithfield/Cullingtree_Road/185565/

Census Years1911AntrimSmithfieldCullingtree RoadResidents of a house
Residents of a house 25 in Cullingtree Road (Smithfield, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname   Forename   Age   Sex   Relation to head   Religion   Birthplace   Occupation   Literacy   Irish Language   Marital Status   Specified Illnesses   Years Married   Children Born   Children Living
Donnelly   Philip   49   Male   Head of Family   Roman Catholic   Co Armagh   Shop Keeper   Read and write   Irish and English   Married   -   25   7   5
Donnelly   Elizabeth   48   Female   Wife   Roman Catholic   Co Down   -   Read and write   Irish and English   Married   -   25   7   5
Donnelly   Mary G   23   Female   Daughter   Roman Catholic   Scotland   School Teacher   Read and write   Irish and English   Single   -   -   -   -
Donnelly   E Roseline   14   Female   Daughter   Roman Catholic   Co Antrim   Scholar   Read and write   Irish and English   Single   -   -   -   -
Donnelly   Patrick   12   Male   Son   Roman Catholic   Co Antrim   Scholar   Read and write   Irish and English   Single   -   -   -   -
Donnelly   Margaret   6   Female   Daughter   Roman Catholic   Co Antrim   Scholar

If you know the date of death (or year) you can get the certificate here:
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk

billy2005

« Reply #340 on: September 19, 2016, 08:28:51 AM »
new FREE genealogy website irishgenealogy.ie gives lots of detail and photographs of actual registry details [including ni] - well worth a look - only up to c1920's at this stage but i believe they are working to expand as time goes on. Enjoy!!

James James

« Reply #341 on: September 21, 2016, 03:49:01 AM »
new FREE genealogy website irishgenealogy.ie gives lots of detail and photographs of actual registry details [including ni] - well worth a look - only up to c1920's at this stage but i believe they are working to expand as time goes on. Enjoy!!
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,66646.0.html

Elwyn

« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2016, 12:05:20 AM »
Also I need to know how, and where I can obtain a death cert? Many thanks in advance. [email protected]       Saoirse Kathleen Donnelly

Probate abstract:

Donnelly Philip of 25 Cullingtree Road Belfast grocer died 15 June 1942 Probate Belfast 7 October to James Donnelly teacher and Mary Jane Donnelly spinster. Effects £3083 18s. 10d.

The will and probate file should be in PRONI in Belfast (free to view).

You would get a death cert from GRONI. £15 to buy or £2.50 to view on-line. 

Elwyn

Mariondonn

« Reply #343 on: January 02, 2017, 11:28:42 PM »
Wondering can anyone help I am trying to trace my grandmother family they were mcilvenny of joy street I believe her father (John)  mother (Maria Cunningham) were married in 1914 and she was born in 1916 I think they may have lived on Newtownards road at one time but she was sent to the country when she was about 4-5 years old never seeing any of her family again was wondering if anyone can help any help greatly appreciated

Elwyn

« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2017, 01:38:13 AM »
Wondering can anyone help I am trying to trace my grandmother family they were mcilvenny of joy street I believe her father (John)  mother (Maria Cunningham) were married in 1914 and she was born in 1916 I think they may have lived on Newtownards road at one time but she was sent to the country when she was about 4-5 years old never seeing any of her family again was wondering if anyone can help any help greatly appreciated

John McIlvenny and Maria Cunningham’s marriage was registered in Belfast on 12.4.1914. You can view the original certificate on-line on the GRONI website, using the “search registrations” option:

You will need to open an account and buy some credits. It costs £2.50 (sterling) to a view a certificate.

With the addresses, fathers’ names and other information on the certificate you should be able to locate the 2 families in the 1911 and 1901 censuses.

For John & Maria’s children, you would need to contact GRONI. (Births under 100 years are not on-line). You can go to their search room in Belfast in person or get them to look them up for you. (There may be a fee for that).

Elwyn