Author Topic: Are you just starting Family History research?  (Read 122664 times)

Canadian McCullough

Re: Are you just starting Family History research?
« Reply #390 on: September 10, 2019, 08:49:55 PM »
Wow, there's so much information and history on this Forum. I have only scratched the surface of researching my Family Tree. I do know that my ancestors on my Mom's side were from the Shankill Road area of Belfast Ireland including my grandfather James McCullough who was sent over to Canada at a young age. I just returned to Canada from a visit to Belfast and I must say how incredibly beautiful it was and how delightfully friendly the people are. I really enjoyed walking the Shankill Road area and I took many photos including one of a memorial to my late great Uncle William McCullough who was killed in WWI. If any of this rings a bell, please feel free to chime in. I'll update more as I go. :)
Thanks,Larry

James James

Re: Are you just starting Family History research?
« Reply #391 on: September 10, 2019, 09:31:34 PM »
Wow, there's so much information and history on this Forum. I have only scratched the surface of researching my Family Tree. I do know that my ancestors on my Mom's side were from the Shankill Road area of Belfast Ireland including my grandfather James McCullough who was sent over to Canada at a young age. I just returned to Canada from a visit to Belfast and I must say how incredibly beautiful it was and how delightfully friendly the people are. I really enjoyed walking the Shankill Road area and I took many photos including one of a memorial to my late great Uncle William McCullough who was killed in WWI. If any of this rings a bell, please feel free to chime in. I'll update more as I go. :)   Thanks,Larry 
Yes,... and congratulations and well done, but for your future research reference, giving zero specific identifiable details of a particular topic/person,... isn't the best or most potentially productive way to go.

https://www.cwgc.org/find/find-war-dead/results?initial=w&lastName=McCullough%2b&war=1&tab=wardead&pageSize=100&casualtypagenumber=1