Author Topic: Are you just starting Family History research?  (Read 120513 times)

big t

Re: Are you just starting Family History research?
« Reply #375 on: August 06, 2017, 01:55:12 PM »
Ok thanks

Jimmy mac

« Reply #376 on: September 25, 2018, 10:38:41 PM »
For big t could you tell me if I can get the name of the streets plus the house holders names I think you can get it on the forum but I don't no how.  Than

valkerr

« Reply #377 on: September 25, 2018, 10:45:55 PM »
For big t could you tell me if I can get the name of the streets plus the house holders names I think you can get it on the forum but I don't no how.  Than

You mean Street Directories? http://lennonwylie.co.uk/

Jimmy mac

« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2018, 10:34:37 AM »
Thanks Valkerr I will try this I remembered this site when I was last with the forum  thanks

Stubbins

« Reply #379 on: September 27, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »
I am wanting to know if anyone knew a Lizzie Stubbins who lived at 12 Gosford St , Belfast in 1928?

Jimmy mac

« Reply #380 on: September 27, 2018, 12:57:08 PM »
Know I was just checking a few addresses that my grand father lived at but thanks for asking Stubbins.  Cheers Jimmy mac

Stubbins

« Reply #381 on: September 27, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »
Know I was just checking a few addresses that my grand father lived at but thanks for asking Stubbins.  Cheers Jimmy mac

Thank you for looking Jimmy

Isobell

« Reply #382 on: October 01, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »
Good morning
I am looking information about my Grandfather and Grandmother John McFarlane and Isabella Carmichel.
1911 Census my granddad aged 6 lived 16 Ballyclare Street Belfast.
His father John Blair McFarlane lived in Scotland Polockshaw died in the 1WW December 1914.

Isabella Carmicheal I think she was born 1907 lived in Montreal Street Belfast.
John was the brother of Hugh Hill McFarlane and sister in law Madeline Brickley.

Isobell

« Reply #383 on: October 01, 2018, 12:00:37 PM »
Good morning
Would you photo of Botanic prefabs and All Saints School Belfast 1950Žs.

James James

« Reply #384 on: October 01, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »
Good morning
I am looking information about my Grandfather and Grandmother John McFarlane and Isabella Carmichel.
1911 Census my granddad aged 6 lived 16 Ballyclare Street Belfast.
His father John Blair McFarlane lived in Scotland Polockshaw died in the 1WW December 1914.

Isabella Carmicheal I think she was born 1907 lived in Montreal Street Belfast.
John was the brother of Hugh Hill McFarlane and sister in law Madeline Brickley.
Looks similar.

https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=V&GraveNumber=2210&CemeteryName=Roselawn%20Cemetery

https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=M&GraveNumber=75&CemeteryName=City%20Cemetery%20-%20Glenalina%20Extension

http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,72378.msg2071235.html#msg2071235

sherylpayton

« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2019, 01:26:11 PM »
HELLO EVERYONE!

I am just researching my family tree after losing my own Mother last October at the age of 58. Sadly - she never knew many details, neither do her living brothers & sisters. What I really wanted to know to get any further was my Great GrandMother's maiden name, so I applied for a duplicate birth certificate for my Grandmother which arrived this morning. Teresa McCann... her Mother was Ellen Bradley who married Thomas McCann and they were from Belfast. When my Grandmother Teresa was born, they lived at 5 Baker Street according to the birth certificate...

I'm struggling to get any further... I've googled and come across a few Thomas McCanns. Which brings me to this forum. I'm a member of Ancestry.co.uk but I can't seem to get any further - when I think I've found aa match for Ellen McCann (nee Bradley) and Thomas McCann having children on a census - two of which match names of the siblings of my GrandMother the dates don't add up as her parents would be late 50's by the time they had her in 1927? I'm so confused...

If anyone can shed any light on Thomas McCann & Ellen McCann (Bradley), 5 Baker Street around 1927? Apparently my Great Grandma McCann was illiterate, worked in a linen factory after leaving school at 8 years old and that factory may have supplied the Titanic (this is what my Uncle thinks?)

Sheryl x

Belfastwhite

« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »
HELLO EVERYONE!

I am just researching my family tree after losing my own Mother last October at the age of 58. Sadly - she never knew many details, neither do her living brothers & sisters. What I really wanted to know to get any further was my Great GrandMother's maiden name, so I applied for a duplicate birth certificate for my Grandmother which arrived this morning. Teresa McCann... her Mother was Ellen Bradley who married Thomas McCann and they were from Belfast. When my Grandmother Teresa was born, they lived at 5 Baker Street according to the birth certificate...

I'm struggling to get any further... I've googled and come across a few Thomas McCanns. Which brings me to this forum. I'm a member of Ancestry.co.uk but I can't seem to get any further - when I think I've found aa match for Ellen McCann (nee Bradley) and Thomas McCann having children on a census - two of which match names of the siblings of my GrandMother the dates don't add up as her parents would be late 50's by the time they had her in 1927? I'm so confused...

If anyone can shed any light on Thomas McCann & Ellen McCann (Bradley), 5 Baker Street around 1927? Apparently my Great Grandma McCann was illiterate, worked in a linen factory after leaving school at 8 years old and that factory may have supplied the Titanic (this is what my Uncle thinks?)

Sheryl x

Hi Sheryl

You can pick up some information at irishgenealogy.ie for free.  Thomas and Ellen were married in St Peters Belfast on 29th September 1920 they both lived in Baker Street at the time.  Her father's name was Richard and he was a labourer.  Thomas dad was a butcher but had passed when they married.  You will be able to find any births and deaths of the family on this site.

You can also search for Baker Street on the Lennon Wylie site which has a good few street directories again for free.

Best wishes on your search.
The wisest among us, the true leaders, smile in the face of adversity.

sherylpayton

« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2019, 02:50:15 PM »
Hi Sheryl

You can pick up some information at irishgenealogy.ie for free.  Thomas and Ellen were married in St Peters Belfast on 29th September 1920 they both lived in Baker Street at the time.  Her father's name was Richard and he was a labourer.  Thomas dad was a butcher but had passed when they married.  You will be able to find any births and deaths of the family on this site.

You can also search for Baker Street on the Lennon Wylie site which has a good few street directories again for free.

Best wishes on your search.

Oh thank you so much - you've already helped! Did you find this info from the sources you have given?

Much appreciated! Sheryl x

Belfastwhite

« Reply #388 on: May 16, 2019, 10:11:51 AM »
Oh thank you so much - you've already helped! Did you find this info from the sources you have given?

Much appreciated! Sheryl x

Hi Sheryl

Yes I found the marriage on the Irish Genealogy site but you can search for more records easily there.  You should also look for them in the 1901 and 1911 census on the National Archives of Ireland site.  I believe the joy to researching your family history is in finding new discoveries so happy hunting. 

However if you require some more advice or help don't be afraid to ask.

Regards

Jim
The wisest among us, the true leaders, smile in the face of adversity.

James James

« Reply #389 on: May 17, 2019, 07:18:36 AM »
HELLO EVERYONE!

Sheryl x
Add some dates/ages/addresses,... from the information and documents that you already have,... and religious denominations if you know them.