Author Topic: Meghan and Harry's visit to Befast  (Read 3394 times)

misssmyth1

Re: Meghan and Harry's visit to Befast
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 06:13:04 PM »
My goodness Dot she is a beautiful  intelligent young woman and although I haven't lived on Belfast since 1970 I am very pleased when the Royals visit or anyone of importance as it gives the people a nice boost. so what if she fluttered her eyelashes or did anything  else feminine .. she visited because she  will be Harry's wife soon and have a title bestowed on her.. I remember as a schoolgirl seeing princess Anne on a visit I was thrilled ... each to their own.   It is good for the NI peoples to know they are not forgotten especially with all this  uncertainty going on . I wish them and the good people of N.I.al lthe good luck in the universe .I know you were speaking about Meghan and not the people of NI .No one is perfect but we can all learn. and . while doing the job ,and she is new at all of this. even Diana had to learn ..

tours

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 08:22:46 AM »
# 8

my post wasn't intended to be condescending towards the N.Ireland people

remember I am a native of Belfast aware how Royals

can have an overwhelming effect/how it was when I lived there

I tend to express my views as I see them

I live in the Cotswolds home of Charles/Ann/the Kents hence royals are no great deal

apart from the drain on taxpayers re the security of the Royals

what type of guy invites two of his ex girlfriends to his wedding

especially when both broke off the relationship

an incredibly lucky escape for them

what a classy choice either would have been

unlike a twice divorced/second rate actress

one advantage sparkle Markle has over the ex girlfriends

is the love for the camera/people mesmerised by her

the two ex girlfriends valued their privacy

two natural beauties
The 2 in the photo, look like 2 pompous spoilt brats. Theres as much sincerity there, as the German soldier telling the jews boarding trains, they where of to simply work camps. 😕
Megan has an honest face, smiling all the time...and seems to genuinely make a "Happy Harry". 😊
I would trust Megan before these other 2 "made in Chelsea" types.
Your post smacks of a little snobbery, Dot...dont you think??
Im Irish...on Irish soil. I look at Royal visits, as from foreign countries.
Good luck to the both of them in the future.
Maybe the next visit, Our Irish President will meet them...in a free from colonial rule Ireland. Now that really would be smiles all round...😊

Bigali

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 09:37:34 AM »

Sorry to burst your wee bubble but no matter what you might like to think in your head , if you live in Northern Ireland you are on British soil like it or not .
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Dot/dash

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 12:20:57 PM »
what makes you presume the ladies in my post are spoiled brats 

isn't that rather prejudging

the girls are obviously enjoying themselves

I'm intrigued as to why you think my post smacks of a little snobbery

I'm indeed not a snob/have no time for them

I live in a rural area close to Prince Charles

I enjoy the annual festival of Polo  in Tetbury/Badminton/Gatcombe horse trials

I drag hunt

these interests plus wishing Harry married an English rose do not make me a snob

in fact Tours I expected from you condemnation of Markle for abandoning

her Catholic faith

my granny would have used the term turn coat

indeed that is how Markle comes across

one whose religion changes in the direction the wind blows

your precious Taoiseach is welcome to entertaining the pair of them

love me          love my gelding     

stickleback

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »

I think the important realisation is that The Royal Family can't simply keep going on as they have done if they are to survive.

Their 'privilege without power' exerted influence in yesteryear, but beyond The Queen there isn't exactly a glowing respect from the public for the personalities in The House of Windsor. William and to a much greater degree Harry hit the sweetspot of public liking. In this respect, Prince Harry is actually the most important Royal of the Family in terms of the public perception. He has chosen very wisely in this regard, outside the family influence. I somewhat doubt Harry himself is a virgin so why should he be forced to marry a virgin ? They look besotted to me, admittedly a very casual observer. Megan Markle looks terrific, but she is also exceptionally eloquent. They visited Brixton and literally thousands of black people turned out to see HER. That is a huge positive for The Royal Family, moving forward. I think they will prove to be a very effective figures in British society, beyond the dusty elitism of royalty.

misssmyth1

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 06:25:37 PM »
Agree stickleback . she is mixed race comes from a broken family background she earned her own very lucrative  living seems a genuine person had loads of fans/followers on her blog.. and what if she was catholic and 'turned' isn't it religion which causes most of the problems in the world. It is just the royals have to be protestant ... I loved my granny and she said many wise things ... for her time.   but this is the 21st century not the 19th century we all have to move with the times of become like the Dinosaurs ,extinct.
people can identify with her although may not have had her opportunities in life there is far too much criticism in the world...I honestly do not care what religion a person is I try and see the person.I always have done.. shes here to stay we may as well try and support them and enjoy them . whether one may be a royalist or not Harry is marrying her and I think she is a breath of fresh air and as for the other ladies in Harry's life previously I wish them well ,they have all been from wealthy backgrounds hardly their' fault' Harry is in a certain social circle and meets people likewise   again not a 'fault'

here in London there are all religions backgrounds beliefs and on the whole we all get on. Friends  have arranged a party in their  our house on the day of the wedding lots of people  going  some of the men wont..  as watching the  big game ,football or rugby??  or whatever is going on sorry don't follow sport..

but they will come along later on... We all went to Hyde park for the fireworks  the night before  Di and Charles wedding  and our local pub had a party with a late extension..
nice to have a happy occasion  to think about instead of all this Brexit and Terrorist activity to think about which is on the news day after day...each to their own opinion but  I for one will be having a great time ..x

stickleback

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 09:22:15 PM »
Agree stickleback . she is mixed race comes from a broken family background she earned her own very lucrative  living seems a genuine person had loads of fans/followers on her blog.. and what if she was catholic and 'turned' isn't it religion which causes most of the problems in the world. It is just the royals have to be protestant ... I loved my granny and she said many wise things ... for her time.   but this is the 21st century not the 19th century we all have to move with the times of become like the Dinosaurs ,extinct.
people can identify with her although may not have had her opportunities in life there is far too much criticism in the world...I honestly do not care what religion a person is I try and see the person.I always have done.. shes here to stay we may as well try and support them and enjoy them . whether one may be a royalist or not Harry is marrying her and I think she is a breath of fresh air and as for the other ladies in Harry's life previously I wish them well ,they have all been from wealthy backgrounds hardly their' fault' Harry is in a certain social circle and meets people likewise   again not a 'fault'

here in London there are all religions backgrounds beliefs and on the whole we all get on. Friends  have arranged a party in their  our house on the day of the wedding lots of people  going  some of the men wont..  as watching the  big game ,football or rugby??  or whatever is going on sorry don't follow sport..

but they will come along later on... We all went to Hyde park for the fireworks  the night before  Di and Charles wedding  and our local pub had a party with a late extension..
nice to have a happy occasion  to think about instead of all this Brexit and Terrorist activity to think about which is on the news day after day...each to their own opinion but  I for one will be having a great time ..x

Your house and life sounds more fun than most, Miss Smyth. :-)  ;)

derdrei

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 11:24:00 AM »
Agree stickleback . she is mixed race comes from a broken family background she earned her own very lucrative  living seems a genuine person had loads of fans/followers on her blog.. and what if she was catholic and 'turned' isn't it religion which causes most of the problems in the world. It is just the royals have to be protestant ... I loved my granny and she said many wise things ... for her time.   but this is the 21st century not the 19th century we all have to move with the times of become like the Dinosaurs ,extinct.

good on you what a great outlook on life you have  could not agree more.

tours

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018, 12:44:55 PM »

Sorry to burst your wee bubble but no matter what you might like to think in your head , if you live in Northern Ireland you are on British soil like it or not .
lol...😂

JackM

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »

Hear Hear, well said.  O0 O0
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

derdrei

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 06:29:56 AM »
I really like them two they seem very much in love and they enjoy one another..

James James

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 06:21:23 AM »
"Body language expert reveals what Prince Harry and Meghan’s ‘sizzling’ engagement photos say about their relationship… and why they’re so different to William and Kate"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5190893/body-language-expert-prince-harry-meghans-engagement-photos/

http://www.heart.co.uk/news/royals/prince-harry-meghan-relationship-body-language/

Dot/dash

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »

didn't anyone advise her        on appropriate foot wear       when she visited the

Bath spa training ground        ooops one faux pas       talons aiguilles   un non non    
love me          love my gelding     

James James

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 04:57:59 PM »
Lisburn.

JohnKelly

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2020, 03:14:48 AM »