Author Topic: East bread street school (Bloomfield PES)  (Read 571 times)

William Shaw

East bread street school (Bloomfield PES)
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:16:40 AM »

I wonder if three is anyone on here who may have gone to Bloomfield Public Elementary School.   Prior to coming to Canada in 1957 I attended this school.and was wondering if there might be anyone from the area who also attended around the same time as I did..  That would be around 1939 ~ 1945    I'm getting up  there in the age category, but still remember some of the names,   I lived in East bread street not far from the school.   .    William Shaw.

jillyfred

Re: East bread street school (Bloomfield PES)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 01:40:31 AM »

William try posting this on the Belfast History and Memories Thread.

Good luck.

jilly

William Shaw

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 04:51:56 AM »
Thank you Jillu for the tip    William Shaw in Toronto

Moorfield Street

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 06:22:47 AM »
William.      I answered your Persomal Post last week.     At 87, we should keep in touch.    I have quite a few photos of Bloomfield that you might like to see.     Will be glad to send them to you, if you sre interested.  David.

William Shaw

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 01:08:39 AM »

[font=]Hi David [/font]
 [font=]Sorry for not responding sooner but somehow or other I missed this post.  [/font]I would love to see and show to my grandkids any old photos if you can email them to me.  If it is not too much trouble and you could send me the photos my address is   Alternatively if you could post them to me Id reimburse you for any expense.  I have always been intrigued and interested in Photography.   I had a huge number of black and white, colour photos, and 35mm slides.  We moved a number of times here and unfortunately most of my photos are all gone, lost in the moving process.  I'm still actively taking photos and enjoy them immensely.  Unfortunately, people don't seem to be interested in photos any more but are happy to show them to you on their cell phones.  I use Photoshop and a few other computer programmes to edit, change, and alter photos. I'm also a licensed Ham radio operator.  With my wife, we go to our local Seniors centre (and Legion) where we do Line and Ballroom Dancing.  We also take Tai-chi lessons, Yoga, and I take Digital photography.  As you can see we are pretty busy. I think that at our age you have to stay active. One name comes to mind with Bloomfield Ave.  Jackie Thompson, who went to East Bread Street school.   He lived on the left side going up towards Orangefield near the barber, the butcher, and the bicycle shop which I remember was where I bought my first Raleigh Record Ace bike (on hire purchase)  I just noticed that the 3 shops I mentioned all start with the letter B.   I compose this reply using Word which makes it a little easier.   When I finish it to my satisfaction I copy it and paste it into the reply on the Belfast forum.  As you say, we should keep in touch.     William Shaw.      22 July Local time 8:05 p.m.  Currently 22C or approx. 72 Fahrenheit &  overcast

This site won't let me give you my address.  here it is in another form   it is a complete email address but without the at sign  thekono hotmail com or the dot before com

Moorfield Street

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 02:03:38 AM »
William    Will send you a personal message.   David