Author Topic: Lost friend Ballymurphy  (Read 437 times)

sillymilly

Lost friend Ballymurphy
« on: May 04, 2018, 03:19:21 PM »
Anyone know or heard of Sis McLaughlin who as far as I can recall used to live in Glenalina Road, would love to know her whereabouts if you can help please?
Thanks

James James

Re: Lost friend Ballymurphy
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 05:14:21 AM »
Timeframe,... age. ?

sillymilly

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 02:52:31 PM »
Timeframe,... age. ?
My boyfriend James to my rescue as usual, hi big boy, years approximately 1960 til now I think, age? Nigh nigh Jimmy, you shouldn't ask a lady her age but in this instance probably about 68 now, you married Jimmy?   *

James James

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 02:17:15 AM »
 ::)  Well I wasn't asking her about her age directly, so that doesn't apply.

So if you mean that she would be about 68 now, that means that she would have been born circa 1950, and if so she would have been about 10 in 1960,... so any forum threads about her school might be a possible information source.

That address could be number 17 Glenalina Road,... in 1960 the head of household there was Timothy McLaughlin, a labourer.

Was Sis a nickname,... if so what was her real forename. ?

Use the forum search facility at the top right of the page, and do a search for Glenalina Road, some of the search results on the first results page mention a McLaughlin family from Glenalina Road, there may be other similar results on the rest of the search results pages.

There might be some clues in those, and some of the posters might still be using the forum, but even if they aren't, a message reply or a personal message will generate an email reply to whatever email address they used to sign up to the forum with, so if they're still using that email address they might see it.

James James

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 02:22:46 AM »
My boyfriend James to my rescue as usual, hi big boy, years approximately 1960 til now I think, age? Nigh nigh Jimmy, you shouldn't ask a lady her age but in this instance probably about 68 now, you married Jimmy?   *

sillymilly

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 02:52:29 PM »
Hi boyfriend,
I know you weren't asking her age as you're too much of a gentleman unfortunately lol, aye Sis was either a nickname or a shortening of her real name but I don't remember her real name, ach Jimmy I only asked if you were married, but if you don't want to tell me you don't know what you're missing   *

James James

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 11:53:34 PM »
Actually, I rather suspect that I do,... alas.  :)  https://tinyurl.com/ybfda6ko