Author Topic: Looking for my Birth Father  (Read 532 times)

jan63

Looking for my Birth Father
« on: May 20, 2018, 10:34:57 PM »

I am trying to trace my biological father, James Carson, born 25th November 1942 in Ireland (Belfast).
His parents were James Carson (1912-?) & Dorcas Scott who lived in the Shankill area. Some addresses they lived at were: Brasse Street & Lecale Street.
I was born on 26th January 1963 in Glasgow and was put up for adoption.
My birth mother was Janet McKay. My birth parents went on to get married in March 1965 at Henry Drummond Church, Glasgow.
At the time of their marriage, my father was living at 107 Caldarvan Street, Glasgow & was employed as a House Painter. My mother lived at 20 Derwent Street, Glasgow & worked as a Clerkess.
The witnesses on their Marriage cert were: John Brown of 42 Kenbaan Street, Belfast and Ann Brown Russell of 11 Regent Moray Street, Glasgow.
After they married, they moved to Ireland and lived in Belfast in Langley Street and also Soudan Street, that was where they lived when they split up.
They divorced and Janet remarried, but I donít know if or when my father remarried and if he continued to live in Soudan Street.
On my fatherís paternal side, he had several aunts & an uncle (who died in infancy) who all lived in the Shankill area: Elizabeth (1909-?); Mary (1910-?); Jane (1914-?); Maud (1915-1992); & William Gorman Carson (1916-1917).
Iím hoping someone might recognise some names, &/or locations that might help with my search.
I understand he may have remarried and have a family who may not know about me, but It would mean a lot to me to find out if my father is still alive and would appreciate any help to find him. Thanks

jan63

Re: Looking for my Birth Father
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 11:11:55 PM »

I am trying to trace my biological father, James Carson, born 25th November 1942 in Ireland (Belfast).
His parents were James Carson (1912-?) & Dorcas Scott who lived in the Shankill area. Some addresses they lived at were: Brasse Street & Lecale Street.
My birth mother was Janet McKay. My birth parents went on to get married in March 1965 at Henry Drummond Church, Glasgow.
At the time of their marriage, my father was living at 107 Caldarvan Street, Glasgow & was employed as a House Painter. My mother lived at 20 Derwent Street, Glasgow & worked as a Clerkess.
The witnesses on their Marriage cert were: John Brown of 42 Kenbaan Street, Belfast and Ann Brown Russell of 11 Regent Moray Street, Glasgow.
After they married, they moved to Ireland and lived in Belfast in Langley Street and also Soudan Street, that was where they lived when they split up.
They divorced and Janet remarried, but I donít know if or when my father remarried and if he continued to live in Soudan Street.
On my fatherís paternal side, he had several aunts & an uncle (who died in infancy) who all lived in the Shankill area: Elizabeth (1909-?); Mary (1910-?); Jane (1914-?); Maud (1915-1992); & William Gorman Carson (1916-1917).
Iím hoping someone might recognise some names, &/or locations that might help with my search.
I understand he may have remarried and have a family who may not know about me, but It would mean a lot to me to find out if my father is still alive and would appreciate any help to find him. thanks

I understand he may have remarried and have a family who may not know about me, but It would mean a lot to me to find out if my father is still alive and would appreciate any help to find him. Thanks