Author Topic: Hynds bar Mcgurk McGirr  (Read 307 times)

scarybiscuit

Hynds bar Mcgurk McGirr
« on: May 28, 2018, 03:24:32 PM »
OK My grandad Terence McGirr worked in Hynds bar aprox 1930 or so he married a Mary c McGurk but no marriage records or birth  .can I find Mary was apparently born 1924 .. records of Mary McGurk Beechmount don't match .. so if anyone has history on the bar and how you'd work  there it would be great .. someone must know its all very odd .. no marriage record no birth records  ???

parkie

Re: Hynds bar Mcgurk McGirr
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 12:55:34 PM »
Hi Scarybiscuit - what an unusual sign in name!  Sorry I cant help you with your grandparents- but where in Belfast was the bar you  mentioned? :)
Parkie oz

ldugan

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:34:53 PM »
There was a Hynes bar on the corner of Broadway and the Falls road. It is now called the Red Devil.

parkie

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
There was a Hynes bar on the corner of Broadway and the Falls road. It is now called the Red Devil.
Hi IDugan thanks for reply - I'd be interested in any info or recollections you have of this bar :)
thanks Parkie oz

ldugan

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 06:04:06 PM »
Hi Parkie, I only know it because my dad used to drink in it years ago when Paddy Hynes owed it. What info are you interested in I could ask a cousin of mine what he remembers of it

Liz.

parkie

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
Hi Parkie, I only know it because my dad used to drink in it years ago when Paddy Hynes owed it. What info are you interested in I could ask a cousin of mine what he remembers of it

Liz.
Hi Liz I'm interested in any details about the place, people, state of the place -  owners whatever- I would appreciate any detail however small & your cousin's memories of the place & people would be great :)
thanks Parkie oz

ldugan

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »
Hi Parkie, I will ask my cousin what he remembers when I see him at the end of the month.
        Liz.

parkie

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 01:41:50 PM »
Hi Parkie, I will ask my cousin what he remembers when I see him at the end of the month.
        Liz.
Thanks Liz look forward to hearing about it :)