Author Topic: Oldpark Rd./Hillview St.  (Read 2780 times)

Walter Kennedy

Re: Oldpark Rd./Hillview St.
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2020, 09:04:56 AM »
Hi cathymc
I've been trying to contact Tommy Shanks for years never had any luck ,have you ever heard from him or any of his family ,or have you got anyway of contacting them 😊

Cathymc

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 10:50:54 AM »
Hi Walter sadly Tommy passed away a number of years ago! Are you on Facebook?

Walter Kennedy

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 11:37:07 AM »
No dont youse. face book ,gutted everyone I know is passing away .I'm on WhatsApp or email me
[email protected]

Walter Kennedy

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2020, 05:34:29 PM »
Hi Cathymc
Could you ask your Roy to get in touch .i,d love to hear from him .thanks  :)

See Me

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2020, 01:16:53 PM »
Anyone from Hillview Street, oldpark road ,1960s-1970s ,get intouch please would be good to hear from you .I'm Walter Kennedy lived at number 11

You must have known the McCauslands who had the Grocery shop at Nr.1, on the corner of Hillview St./Oldpark Road (the corner opposite the one indicated on the map in the opening post). The son, Kenneth, would have been born around 1950, give or take a year or two.

See Me

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2020, 02:19:20 PM »
I meant to include the Street Index in my last post:

Walter Kennedy

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
Know all the names on Hillview street a few missing, like The Hills ,Shanks, Ritchies,Browns ,McKays and more ,brings back memories, by the way see me do you know me

See Me

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2020, 11:02:07 PM »
Know all the names on Hillview street a few missing, like The Hills ,Shanks, Ritchies,Browns ,McKays and more ,brings back memories, by the way see me do you know me

I don't believe we know each other, Walther.

Regarding the “few missing” names, bear in mind that the screenshot I posted shows only the side of the street with the odd house numbers. The even numbers are further down on the list, so you'll find the Shanks at nr.42 and the Richies at nr.16. As for the Browns, you might have overlooked the Brown household at nr.9, next door to yours.

The 1960 index shows no Hill families in Hillview Street, but there are two Hill households just around the corner in Linwood Street (at numbers 5 and 39). There are no McKays in Hillview, although they could have moved to the neighbourhood after the index was compiled.

The 1960 Belfast Street Directory, courtesy of Lennon Wylie:

https://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/hcomplete1960.htm