Author Topic: upper north street belfast  (Read 1872 times)

Mandolin44

upper north street belfast
« on: July 29, 2018, 10:54:18 PM »
I am looking for photographs of upper north street Belfast in the 1960's. My Dad had a butcher shop probably called Gordon's and I 'd like to see a picture of the front of it.  It was next to an opticians I think on the left side of upper North street looking up from Royal avenue.

Bread Basket

Re: upper north street belfast
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:30:11 PM »
I am looking for photographs of upper north street Belfast in the 1960's. My Dad had a butcher shop probably called Gordon's and I 'd like to see a picture of the front of it.  It was next to an opticians I think on the left side of upper North street looking up from Royal avenue.
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=52348.0

I’ll see if I can find a few others

Bread Basket

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 08:42:17 PM »
 ...here is Winetavern Street 142. Crowe, A., butcher 144. Home & Colonial Stores, Ltd. 146. Henderson, D. Allison, Optician 148. Jamal Knitwear, knitwear manufacturers 150. Gordon, Frederick, butcher 152. True-Form Boot Co. Ltd. 156. McMurray's (Belfast), Ltd., draper

As you say it was on the left as you look up North St, just past Crowe’s the butchers who sold great pigs feet 🤪🤪🤪🐷🐷🐷

Mandolin44

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
Hello thank you so much for your reply....I'm only new to this site and I'm not sure did you post photos., for me to look at I wasn't sure I couldn't see attachments Thank you again....Rosemary Gordon

Bread Basket

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »
Hello thank you so much for your reply....I'm only new to this site and I'm not sure did you post photos., for me to look at I wasn't sure I couldn't see attachments Thank you again....Rosemary Gordon
Rosemary, welcome to the site and i’m Sure and confident that you will be amazed at some of the stuff that turns up on here. The vast majority of the members are only too glad to help so don’t be afraid to ask.
If you click on the link that I sent it shows Woolies which was in Upper North St.
Also, if you look at the top right hand corner of any of the pages and threads you will see a search box.... if for example you wished to know if any member made a post e.g. Waterworks.... then just type it in and hey presto, loads of info.
Better still, if you actually do that one you will see a pic of my mum & sister in the stern of the boat 👍🏼(1951)

Once again welcome to the Forum and good luck in your search.

Bread Basket

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 05:40:05 PM »
Forgot to say.  look out for a member named “boxer1949” ... the photos he posts are just awesome, mainly of belfast street scenes and local residents

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy