Author Topic: NEWS story - petition to remove Ian Paisley MP opened by N.I. Electoral Office  (Read 10538 times)

BLOOMFIELD

http://email.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/T/v400000165f6a78e50ae722e163e8081a5/be08545f78694fb20000021ef3a0bcc3/be08545f-7869-4fb2-a67b-73c80e657f71?__dU__=v0oQlZ2XmHtXiWefx_zBr6oSDOdDEyJMNBt1aaocywPHw=

My Note: Pull the other one.  :D         :D  I suppose they have to blame someone, for their abject failure.  ::)
They couldn't get their Voters out --------   what does that tel you... :preved:
"If someone tells me I've hurt their feelings, I say 'I'm still waiting to hear what your point is'."

BLOOMFIELD

Re: Strange
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »
Yes indee, it IS the wishes of the electorate. Not a big fan of his but some of my friends who live up in the constituency tell me he's a very hard working MP for everyone. That says it all really.  :)

Like Father,like Son. ( the proof is in the Petition result )
"If someone tells me I've hurt their feelings, I say 'I'm still waiting to hear what your point is'."

White dee

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2018, 11:36:37 PM »
Yes indee, it IS the wishes of the electorate. Not a big fan of his but some of my friends who live up in the constituency tell me he's a very hard working MP for everyone. That says it all really.  :)

And you can prove this mack  ??? all it really says is, what you said  ???
I too have spoke to People who insist He's useless but, I can't prove that.
Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

MargaretS

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2018, 11:51:52 PM »

he keeps getting caught
with his hand in the cookie jar
the only thing he has going for him is
his da was worse
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

tours

BBC News

Ian Paisley's wife Eileen 'could not go out of way' to vote for DUP.

Image captionBaroness Paisley said her late husband felt "betrayed" over his exit from the party he founded.
Eileen Paisley, the wife of Ian Paisley, has said she "could not go out of her way" to vote for the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) in an election.
She told BBC Talkback that she would only vote for the DUP if the candidate was "somebody very special" or if they were "giving the best option".
She also told the programme that her late husband felt "betrayed" over his exit from the party he founded.
Mr Paisley led the DUP until he stood down in 2008.
He and his wife had previously criticised the party and church in a BBC documentary in 2014. He [died later that year.
In an in-depth interview broadcast on BBC Radio Ulster's Talkback programme, Mrs Paisley said that his exit from the party and church was "very hurtful because Ian had given the best years of his life".
Disappointed..."We did talk about it and I think it was worth it," she said.
"I mean Christ was betrayed, so we can't expect anything better from people - humanity is what it is.
"I'm disappointed in it, what they did.
Mrs Paisley also spoke of her husband's relationship with Martin McGuinness, "But I just have to let it be, I don't dwell on it because it would grieve me too much and I'm not going to let anything like that get in on my life.
"And Ian was the same, we didn't let it get in on us.
"We lived through it and we got on with our own lives and they didn't take his happiness away nor mine nor our family's.
"But these things leave a scar on your mind and your heart really."
Mrs Paisley also talked about her late husband's relationship with Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness and recalled the moment he visited their home at the time of Mr Paisley's death.
"He went in and bowed his head [over the coffin] and was quite emotional about it," she said.
"I think that says a lot, because you can't put that sort of thing on, he was genuine.
"I think that speaks volumes for the influence Ian had on him and for the absolutely unique friendship that came about between them."
Baroness Paisley's interview on BBC Radio Ulster's Talkback is available to hear again on the BBC

Oh to be a fly on the wall when Mum and Son Ian meet in the family home...😨😉
Wonder did Eileen sign the petition ?

White dee

When and why did the title of this topic change  ???
Wow, now the original title is back  ???  strange indeed,,

jjmack

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2018, 01:20:53 AM »

Sinn Fein / IRA did their best to get people to sign the petition, but failed. They went 'on the knocker' around the constituency in order to do this. They failed, miserably. What part of that do you not understand ?  :D
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

James James

Yes, strange indeed, and quite confusing, it took me a while to figure out what had happened.

I think that the two threads were merged a day or two ago, and it confused me a bit at first as well.

The original thread was this one, which I started.

"NEWS story - petition to remove Ian Paisley MP opened by N.I. Electoral Office
on: August 03, 2018, 08:35:38 PM"

Then 7 weeks later, jjmack started another thread about the same topic,...

"Strange
Reply #44 on: September 20, 2018, 05:44:42 AM "

The two threads have now been merged, and since they both contained posts from just before they were merged, the posts from those recent dates are intermingled, and so they contain two different thread titles and posts that were replying to two different threads.

James James

Speaking of confusion,... readers will probably recall that the issue which led to his being suspended from Parliament and causing the referendum about his potential removal as an M.P., was related to a Parliamentary investigation into his failure to disclose two trips to Sri Lanka which were paid for by the Sri Lankan government.

Following which he lobbied the then British P.M. on behalf of the Sri Lankan government and in relation to the criticism which had been directed at it because it was being accused of committing genocide against members of it's own population.

One of those trips was claimed to have cost 100,000.

Both trips have now been registered on the The Register of Members' Financial Interests,... but there is no mention of 100,000. ::)

desi

They couldn't get their Voters out --------   what does that tel you... :preved:
NEVER MIND THAT ,SO BLAME IT ON SINN FEIN .WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER PARTIES .SO THEY
THOUGHT PAISLEY DID NO WRONG AND NEVER GOT THEIR PEOPLE OUT TO VOTE  ??? ??? >:D >:D :o :o
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

HarryHippo

[/quote

The DUP changed it !!      There up to everything themuns  .if we believe you ?  !!   ;)   
Lux Et Veritas.

James James

36 minute radio programme.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06lp0d7

"Ian Paisley retains his seat as the MP for North Antrim"

"What does his success in the recall petition tell us about the how politics works here ?"

James James

Well of course, much has been said about Mr. Paisley's suspension from Parliament, and his survival of the recall petition that resulted from that, and which resulted from his acceptance in 2013 of paid visits from the Sri Lankan government for himself and his family.

Following which he then lobbied the then British PM to oppose U.N. criticism and condemnation of the Sri Lankan government for alleged human rights abuses and genocide that were being made against it.

However,... what was that issue about,... and why, did a British and Ulster M.P.,... and particularly one with such a notable Christian religious family background,... apparently feel that it was appropriate and justified to lobby on behalf of such a regime. ?

What was that Sri Lankan situation about ?,... it was about this,...

"Ian Paisley Sri Lanka War Crimes"     U.K.  TV news report     https://tinyurl.com/yctr5msg

James James

"Sri Lankan civil war: Damilvany's story"   interview video    https://tinyurl.com/y9xnsrwk

"Sep 29, 2009"
"Gethin Chamberlain talks to Damilvany Gnanakumar, a 25-year-old British Tamil biomedical scientist who witnessed the horrors of the conflict and was later imprisoned in an internment camp"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"29 May 2009"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/may/30/sri-lanka-british-medic-detained

White dee

Ian og has some nerve  :o

24 September 2018https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-45634871Ian Paisley asked council to attend Ballymena event