Author Topic: 1million Belfast cannabis seizure by PSNI  (Read 3553 times)

ExBuckfastdrinker

Re: 1million Belfast cannabis seizure by PSNI
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 10:05:35 PM »
Why can't people just congratulate the PSNI, on a job well done and leave it at that ? It's what every reasonable law abiding citizen should do.  :)

Creaky

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 10:12:00 PM »
It has every bearing on the court case. So are you saying the PSNI lie to the press?
Far from it. Of course I am not saying the PSNI lie to the press.  The PSNI gave out an ESTIMATED street value for the find. This is only an ESTIMATE and has no bearing whatsoever in a court case. The courts deal with EVIDENCE that is presented to them. An ESTIMATED street value is not considered as EVIDENCE. The charge will be "possession of a class B drug with intent to supply" plus any other charges as may arise. Now, please explain why you believe that an estimated street value given to the press will have any bearing on that.
Love will always  change to sorrow, but everyone must play the game. We're here today and gone tomorrow, but the world goes on the same.

Bigali

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 11:38:04 PM »

Nice photo of a North American Police officer , what's it got to do with Northern Ireland and the PSNI ?
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

jjmack

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 12:43:40 AM »
Nothing, to most people, relevant to some.  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2018, 02:33:36 PM »
https://www.psni.police.uk/inside-psni/Statistics/drug-seizure-statistics/

https://www.psni.police.uk/globalassets/inside-the-psni/our-statistics/drug-seizure-statistics/201718/december/december-2017-monthly-bulletin-published-17.01.18.pdf

https://www.psni.police.uk/inside-psni/Statistics/drug-seizure-statistics/drug-seizure-statistics-archive/

Very interesting. In particular the police resources to lower classified drugs with cannabis being at the top. No major seizures or even arrests for heroin possession or distribution yet a quick glance at social media posts provides hot spots and areas were heroin use and dealing takes place.

James James

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »
Very interesting. In particular the police resources to lower classified drugs with cannabis being at the top. No major seizures or even arrests for heroin possession or distribution yet a quick glance at social media posts provides hot spots and areas were heroin use and dealing takes place.

There are two other recent threads about such much more powerful and dangerous drugs that have started to become much more common.

"Fentanyl street drug"
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,73540.0.html

"Monkey Dust, warning"
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,73459.0.html

Also another recent thread about the huge increase in the number of drug overdose cases that the main Belfast hospital is having to treat on an almost daily basis.

"Royal Victoria hospital dealt with 170 drug overdoses in June and July"
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,73465.0.html

Obviously cannabis is more on a level with alcohol misuse in comparison with those drugs,... and the laws that are being used against them and the enforcement of those laws just dont seem to be achieving their intended results,... and the drug abuse and all of the related problems just seem to be getting increasingly much worse and out of control.

If anything can or really will be done to reduce drug abuse levels, that can only happen if the authorities start to examine every other possible alternative means of trying to achieve that aim.

JackM

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2018, 11:22:41 AM »
The only people who regret this seizure of illegal drugs are the dealers who pray on the vulnerable and the mugs who use it and keep these criminals in business. Well done the PSNI. Top marks.  :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »
The only people who regret this seizure of illegal drugs are the dealers who pray on the vulnerable and the mugs who use it and keep these criminals in business. Well done the PSNI. Top marks.  :)

Many people use cannabis for health reason and they are certainly not "Mugs" as you call them.

White dee

Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

jjmack

Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

White dee

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2018, 11:21:39 PM »

Yes, thank you for doing your Job  :)  we need more like this.

Bigali

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2018, 11:32:19 PM »

Don't thank me , I'm retired , thank the Police Service of Northern Ireland for a job well done , and yes it is their job but a job well done is still worth a mention , wouldn't you agree ?  :)

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

White dee

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2018, 11:47:56 PM »
Don't thank me , I'm retired , thank the Police Service of Northern Ireland for a job well done , and yes it is their job but a job well done is still worth a mention , wouldn't you agree ?  :)

Where did I thank you personally Ali  ??? and yes, it's the job of the Police to stop these drug dealers.

Bigali

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2018, 11:58:16 PM »

Crossed wires obviously I thought you were personally thanking me , it was your wording that threw me .

And yes , once again I will say that it's the job of Police to stop drug dealers where possible and once again I will say don't you think a job well done is worth a mention or would it be anathema to you to praise the Police ?