Author Topic: The great George - one of his greatest TV interviews  (Read 3059 times)

James James

The great George - one of his greatest TV interviews
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:10:36 AM »
George at his off the field finest. 19 November 1995

https://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=78r3Sr2jTIk

tours

Re: The great George - one of his greatest TV interviews
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 06:26:08 AM »
A foul mouth drunk and woman beater.
Why the people here had no say in naming the City Airport after him, was a total disgrace.
Then again, there is a strong perception within Nationalism that both airports are strongly Unionist in their workforces.
George Best City Airport...what an embarassment. A foul mouth wife beater and a drunk.

belle

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »
He was funny but with a touch of sadness. R.I.P. George, i hope you've found what you were looking for.  :(
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 10:29:15 AM »
Why the people here had no say in naming the City Airport after him, was a total disgrace.
Then again, there is a strong perception within Nationalism that both airports are strongly Unionist in their workforces.
George Best City Airport...what an embarassment. A foul mouth wife beater and a drunk.

I don't normally agree with you but i do on this. He was also given a new lease on life and decided to drink excessively once again.

MargaretS

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »

One good thing about  george
HE WANTED AN ALL IRELAND
FOOTBALL  TEAM
Then we could have taken on the world

belle

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »
I know he had his faults but God rest him.

He was a sad and tortured soul.

Addiction is a dreadful thing.  :(
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

HarryHippo

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 04:25:05 PM »
Just as well they didnt name a park after him   eh ? 
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

jjmack

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 07:56:12 PM »

A very 'Christian' outlook if I may say so.  :D  The City Airport or to give it its proper name ' The George Best Belfast City Airport' is a private business as is 'Belfast International Airport' and as such are entitled to name the airports as they see fit. At the very least neither airport is named after a dead terrorist.  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

James James

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 09:13:58 PM »
The airport wasn't named after him because of his religious denomination and he was never in any way sectarian,... in fact he was noted for not being sectarian.

jillyfred

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 12:41:02 AM »
A very 'Christian' outlook if I may say so.  :D  The City Airport or to give it its proper name ' The George Best Belfast City Airport' is a private business as is 'Belfast International Airport' and as such are entitled to name the airports as they see fit. At the very least neither airport is named after a dead terrorist.  ::)

===
Exactly jjmack-always good to have the factual situation.

jilly

White dee

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 10:06:24 PM »
===
Exactly jjmack-always good to have the factual situation.

jilly

Good advise Jilly :)
Love all, trust few, everything is real but,
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

ldugan

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 12:12:37 AM »
The airport wasn't named after him because of his religious denomination and he was never in any way sectarian,... in fact he was noted for not being sectarian.

Some will always want to divide instead of honouring those who joined. Sad fact  :(

James James

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 02:36:11 AM »
“Come and get the ball off me then !”

But very few ever could.     https://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=qs6WTt7atic

"George Best was blessed with an extraordinary gift, he brought beauty and grace to soccer never before seen."

James James

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 03:13:07 AM »
George Best,... this is your life.    https://www.youtube.com/tv#/watch?v=0M3kHh7wSh8

misssmyth1

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »
I prefer to remember George for the amazing sportsman he was rather than concentrate on his sad private life . he was a raging alcoholic who was given a second chance but sadly could not leave the booze alone. i believe he was   a decent man with a problem ,an addiction.. who am i to judge anyone we are all entitled to our opinions in this free world  but honestly there are many people with addictions out there who hurt others through their actions unintentionally .  I know one in my own Family years ago . George  was a popular /talented person and his own worst enemy .  He had  the interview shows a great sense of humour and irony.  RIP George you lived your life your way.