Author Topic: Primark..Fire.  (Read 4671 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: Primark..Fire.
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2018, 06:07:04 PM »
Secretary of State said the fire was an act of God.  Yeah, as if he was in heaven with nothing to do but start a fire in a Belfast shop.   There is wiser eating grass. :P :P :P

:D
sixtyniner

derdrei

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »
Secretary of State said the fire was an act of God.  Yeah, as if he was in heaven with nothing to do but start a fire in a Belfast shop.   There is wiser eating grass. :P :P :P
:D .

HarryHippo

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2018, 11:02:24 PM »
How do you know ' it wasnt ' ?
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

jillyfred

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2018, 02:57:28 AM »

jjmack

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2018, 08:30:53 AM »
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

bjay

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2018, 07:44:12 PM »
It may have made economic sense to have the Christmas market in top end of Royal Avenue this year. It would have brought shoppers into that part of the city centre and there is no traffic there at present. The market looks a sight in the grounds of the City Hall.

derdrei

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2018, 03:07:56 AM »
Iam so sorry to hear the orpheus has gone it was a lovely dance hall oh what a shame. many great times there  :( .

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2018, 07:41:30 AM »
Iam so sorry to hear the orpheus has gone it was a lovely dance hall oh what a shame. many great times there  :( .

DERDREI,   I THOUGHT THE ORPHEUS  WAS GONE A LONG TIME AGO.  LOVED GOING THERE AS WELL AS MANY OF THE OTHER ONES..GREAT TIMES HAD BY ALL HA.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 12:07:47 PM »

===
Yes Derdrei it was a truly great place.
Just scandalous to have pulled it down -like many other beautiful old buildings in the City.
The monstrosities in their place are an eyesore IMHO.

jilly :(
P.S.I think BJay was referring to having the Christmas Market at the end of Royal Avenue due
to the Bank Buildings and the area around being inaccessible at the present time.

derdrei

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »
DERDREI,   I THOUGHT THE ORPHEUS  WAS GONE A LONG TIME AGO.  LOVED GOING THERE AS WELL AS MANY OF THE OTHER ONES..GREAT TIMES HAD BY ALL HA.  LIZ :-*
hi LIZ I think some one in a few post's be for us said a few short year's ago it was knocked down. :-* .

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2018, 03:27:00 PM »
It may have made economic sense to have the Christmas market in top end of Royal Avenue this year. It would have brought shoppers into that part of the city centre and there is no traffic there at present. The market looks a sight in the grounds of the City Hall.

Thats a good idea. And it would increase footfall.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2018, 07:56:44 PM »
hi LIZ I think some one in a few post's be for us said a few short year's ago it was knocked down. :-* .

LET ME MAKE SURE I'M TALKING ABOUT THE SAME DANCE ROOM,  THE ORPHEUS WAS ON TOP OF THE, SORRY THE NAME HAS JUST LEFT ME,  YOU HAD TO GO UPSTAIRS TO IT, I'M I THINKING OF THE RIGHT ONE.?   THE CO-OP. THAT'S THE PLACE .   :-*
BJ,  I REMEMBER MY NIECE TELLING ME ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS MARKET, THEY USE TO COME IN FROM LISBURN AND SHE SAID IT WAS A GOOD ONE.  SO WHY DON'T THEY  KEEP IT IN ROYAL AVE.  THERE IS NO TRAFFIC THERE ANYWAY.  PEOPLE CAN SHOP  AND PERHAPS  VISIT THE SHOPS ALREADY THERE  AND THEY ALL WOULD GET  THE BUSINESS.  SOUNDS SIMPLE BUT MAYBE NOT.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

MargaretS

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »
LET ME MAKE SURE I'M TALKING ABOUT THE SAME DANCE ROOM,  THE ORPHEUS WAS ON TOP OF THE, SORRY THE NAME HAS JUST LEFT ME,  YOU HAD TO GO UPSTAIRS TO IT, I'M I THINKING OF THE RIGHT ONE.?   THE CO-OP. THAT'S THE PLACE .   :-*
BJ,  I REMEMBER MY NIECE TELLING ME ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS MARKET, THEY USE TO COME IN FROM LISBURN AND SHE SAID IT WAS A GOOD ONE.  SO WHY DON'T THEY  KEEP IT IN ROYAL AVE.  THERE IS NO TRAFFIC THERE ANYWAY.  PEOPLE CAN SHOP  AND PERHAPS  VISIT THE SHOPS ALREADY THERE  AND THEY ALL WOULD GET  THE BUSINESS.  SOUNDS SIMPLE BUT MAYBE NOT.  LIZ :-*

youre right on the button S,N
top floor of the co,op
the co op had two buildings  sepperated by york lane witch had a bridge joining the them
the dance hall was above the butcher and grocery end
santas grotto was in that end as well
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2018, 11:41:40 PM »
youre right on the button S,N
top floor of the co,op
the co op had two buildings  sepperated by york lane witch had a bridge joining the them
the dance hall was above the butcher and grocery end
santas grotto was in that end as well

THANKS MARGARET,  THERE WAS ONE  I USE TO GO TO AS WELL, IT WAS DOWN HIGH ST. I THINK,  USE TO GO TO A LOT OF THEM SO IT'S HARD TO REMEMBER NOW, BUT WE HAD A LOT OF FUN.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

MargaretS

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2018, 11:50:42 PM »
THANKS MARGARET,  THERE WAS ONE  I USE TO GO TO AS WELL, IT WAS DOWN HIGH ST. I THINK,  USE TO GO TO A LOT OF THEM SO IT'S HARD TO REMEMBER NOW, BUT WE HAD A LOT OF FUN.  LIZ :-*

john dossers was on high street
 this is not ment to be funny
it was called the sixty nine club
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes