Author Topic: Tommy Mitchell  (Read 157 times)

claire_f

Tommy Mitchell
« on: September 14, 2018, 11:02:13 AM »
Hi all,

Im trying to research my great grandfather.  I believe his name was Tommy Mitchell and his family were from the Shore Rd in Belfast.  I think in about 1911 he would have been about 30ish but im not sure.  I think he also may have had a sister/relative called Sadie Mitchell who owned a shop on the shore rd/york street.  My mum can vaguely remember where the shop was and it looks like it was somewhere just down a bit from the new grove swimmers on the opposite side of the road.  I think she may have lived there up until the 1960s or 70s.

would anyone know of this shop on the shore road from back in the day?

Many thanks in advance

Claire

macroyal

Re: Tommy Mitchell
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 12:12:37 PM »
TYPE MITCHELL INTO THE BOX TOP RIGHT OF THIS PAGE  THERE ARE THOMAS'S BUT WHETHER THEY ARE THE RIGHT ONES I DO NOT KNOW, BUT ITS A START,

JimG

Re: Tommy Mitchell
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 05:15:02 PM »
not a good start and you probably have seen the 1911 Census 17 in Ballygoland (Whitehouse, Antrim)
Mitchell   James   40   Male   Head of Family   Presbyterian   Co Antrim   Carding Master   Read and write   -   Married   10   6   5
Mitchell   Sarah   28   Female   Wife   Presbyterian   Co Antrim   -   Read and write   -   Married   -   10   6   5
Mitchell   Robert      Male   Son   Presbyterian   Co Antrim   -   Cannot read   
Mitchell   Sarah Jane   9   Female   Daughter   Presbyterian   Co Antrim   Scholar   Read and write   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Mitchell   Maggie   7   Female   Daughter   Presbyterian   Co Antrim   Scholar   Read only   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Mitchell   Joseph      4   Male   Son   Presbyterian   Co Antrim   -   Cannot read   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Mitchell   Mary Ann   2   Female   Daughter   Presbyterian   Co Antrim   -   Cannot read   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Mitchell   Robert Thomas      Male   Son   Presbyterian   Co Antrim   -   Cannot read   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Mitchell   Thomas   30   Male   Visitor   Presbyterian    Co Antrim   Sewing Machine Inspector   Read and write   -   Single   -   -it

[/font][/color]