Author Topic: Belfast Holyland documentary shows 72 hours of St Patrick's day "madness"  (Read 858 times)

ExBuckfastdrinker

Belfast Holyland documentary shows 72 hours of St Patrick's day "madness"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdU9_yDGLSg

The man behind a new Belfast Holyland St Patrick's Day documentary said the fly-on-the-wall feature was "very much a labour of love".

Dominic Coyle may hail from Tyrone, but the 35-year-old knows what it's like to live among students who have all but swallowed inner South Belfast whole.

So when the chance came up to document 72 hours of "madness" surrounding a BT7 St Patrick's Day, he jumped at the chance.

With the help of his trusty soundman Emmet Colton, the freelance filmmaker set out to capture as much of St Patrick's 2017 as possible.

And the result is a documentary that captures the essence of a community where youngsters, families and the elderly try to live side-by-side.

Dominic said: "I had lived there and I was really fascinated by the Holylands itself and the kind of craic that goes on there.

"I just wanted to see what happens inside the 72 hours over St Patrick's Day.

"In the time I was there, 99% of it was people being obnoxious and really loud. But a lot of them were just people out having a good time like any young person.
"We were getting abuse from people thinking we were from the news and there was one guy who tried to start a fight with us - but he was just out of his tree.

"Apart from that, people were generally just up for craic.

White dee

Re: Belfast Holyland documentary shows 72 hours of St Patrick's day "madness"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 06:05:54 PM »
Belfast Holyland documentary shows 72 hours of St Patrick's day "madness"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdU9_yDGLSg

The man behind a new Belfast Holyland St Patrick's Day documentary said the fly-on-the-wall feature was "very much a labour of love".

Dominic Coyle may hail from Tyrone, but the 35-year-old knows what it's like to live among students who have all but swallowed inner South Belfast whole.

So when the chance came up to document 72 hours of "madness" surrounding a BT7 St Patrick's Day, he jumped at the chance.

With the help of his trusty soundman Emmet Colton, the freelance filmmaker set out to capture as much of St Patrick's 2017 as possible.

And the result is a documentary that captures the essence of a community where youngsters, families and the elderly try to live side-by-side.

Dominic said: "I had lived there and I was really fascinated by the Holylands itself and the kind of craic that goes on there.

"In the time I was there, 99% of it was people being obnoxious and really loud. But a lot of them were just people out having a good time like any young person.
"We were getting abuse from people thinking we were from the news and there was one guy who tried to start a fight with us - but he was just out of his tree.

God help us, our future generations,
Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

jjmack

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:15:40 PM »
A once fine area, now totally destroyed beyond recognition. Mindless Morons, who could possibly be the Lawers, Barristers and Civil Servants of the future. The mind boggles at the antics of this vermin.  >:D
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

HarryHippo

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:59:33 PM »

Bunch of louts   half of them couldnt even spell Patrick .. ::)
Lux Et Veritas.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 01:30:04 AM »
The wee women from Denmark i think it was has a great attitude. 

derdrei

thought all that had changed and was nice and peaceful or am I behind the time's :-\ .

jillyfred

thought all that had changed and was nice and peaceful or am I behind the time's :-\ .

===
It becomes worse every year Derdrei.
Dreadfull for the elderly and the families who live there.

jilly :(

jjmack

Sadly you are well behind the times. It gets worse year on year. Mindless vermin. Send in the tanks, I say.  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

derdrei

Sadly you are well behind the times. It gets worse year on year. Mindless vermin. Send in the tanks, I say.  ::)
how sad is that, seen it on t v one year and it was peaceful , must have cut the bad parts out   some things never change .

jjmack

how sad is that, seen it on t v one year and it was peaceful , must have cut the bad parts out   some things never change .

The TV clip must have been from the 1960's.  :D

Bellevuelooker

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 01:32:10 AM »
If this was circa the time when street gangs where the norm in Belfast, imagine the mayhem when the tartan would come up from the pass and Sandy row and beyond for a good old punchup as they used to!!   Gladly it's in the past as should this be.

😎🍭🥃