Author Topic: Brutally shocking....BELFAST HOMELESSNESS  (Read 5806 times)

derdrei

Re: Brutally shocking
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2018, 12:06:41 PM »
unfortunately people are afraid to stay sometimes because of the theft that goes on and some getting beaten in the hostels   at the moment the North of Ireland has no ď government ď to implement some changes to help with homelessness and mental health issues  :(  also the drug problem is growing and growing itís just a sad sad world we live in today
it is all so true , would be an awful life of all the hardships in the world that would be one of the worst . :(

Monkey Nuts

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 12:25:18 AM »
Well jjmack,
 I think you maybe have the wrong idea of being homeless. First yes, there are some hostels (not a lot) in Belfast and if you were unfortunate
enough to require a bed in one I believe most would be fully occupied.  No room at the inn, don't just take my word for it make your own enquires.
Not all homeless are in that situation through drink,drugs,or not wanting to work. Many people are one pay check away from being homeless others
through fear and intimidation and lack of medical care for mental illness. Don't think they are having a fun time just remember "there but for the
grace of god go I," no I'm not a religious freak just see things a bit different.

White dee

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 12:30:44 AM »
Well jjmack,
 I think you maybe have the wrong idea of being homeless. First yes, there are some hostels (not a lot) in Belfast and if you were unfortunate
enough to require a bed in one I believe most would be fully occupied.  No room at the inn, don't just take my word for it make your own enquires.
Not all homeless are in that situation through drink,drugs,or not wanting to work. Many people are one pay check away from being homeless others
through fear and intimidation and lack of medical care for mental illness. Don't think they are having a fun time just remember "there but for the
grace of god go I," no I'm not a religious freak just see things a bit different.

Great reply but, I fear it'll fall on deaf ears
    ::)
Love all, trust few, everything is real but,
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

HarryHippo

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2018, 12:38:06 AM »
I dont know about how great the reply was, jjmack didnt say 'all '  .he said 'many ' If he had said ' all ' it might have possibly been a great reply ... But he didnt !   just thought id drop that wee one in there.    ;)
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

Monkey Nuts

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2018, 01:25:05 AM »
Of course he didn't say that, I said it in reply to his comment and used it to explain a situation which many seem to take as given.
That is if someone falls through the so called safety net of our caring society they and no-one else is to blame, when that is not true. 

HarryHippo

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2018, 01:37:11 AM »
Of course he didn't say that, I said it in reply to his comment and used it to explain a situation which many seem to take as given.
That is if someone falls through the so called safety net of our caring society they and no-one else is to blame, when that is not true.
I see the point your making sir .. but jjmack didnt say that either, so your not in fact replying to jjmack .. your making a statement ! have i got that right  ?
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

jjmack

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 01:43:52 AM »
Well jjmack,

To be perfectly honest you are entitled to your opinion, which is not my experience.  I helped a young fella not so long ago. He was and is a friend of my grandson. He had fallen on hard times mainly through his use of drugs and was living rough. I got him sorted with medical help, drug counselling , helped him get sorted with his entitlement to benefits and got him fixed up in a hostel in Belfast, quite easily, may I add. The hostel is well run and the staff are great. He has now left the hostel and is in HE accommodation and is doing voluntary work and doing very well. Of course it's not like that for everyone. There are many reasons for homelessness, not all because someone doesn't have a roof over ones head. But then again, you know that.
As I have said, my experiences and your opinions, are quite different things. Sometimes it doesn't do, to 'generalise' on a subject.  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

Monkey Nuts

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2018, 01:58:14 AM »
My earlier reply seems to have gone astray, so I shall repeat it. It was a comment I was making about
an earlier post by jjmack, not too sure what the difference is between a comment and a statement.
[size=78%] [/size]

HarryHippo

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2018, 02:08:32 AM »
My earlier reply seems to have gone astray, so I shall repeat it. It was a comment I was making about
an earlier post by jjmack, not too sure what the difference is between a comment and a statement.
[size=78%] [/size]
not a worry  ... i understand the point your making ... welcome by the way .  im Harry   harriet at  the weekend ...   ;)      :)
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2018, 10:35:23 AM »
Well jjmack,
the best way to learn the facts about homelessness is to go see them speak to them see where they try and get a room for the night see why they donít !!!! Like you say Monkey lots are only one psycheck away from it sadly
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

derdrei

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2018, 10:49:47 AM »
the best way to learn the facts about homelessness is to go see them speak to them see where they try and get a room for the night see why they donít !!!! Like you say Monkey lots are only one psycheck away from it sadly
and that would be a scary  thought .

jjmack

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »

Read reply  #37  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

tours

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 01:39:01 AM »
Welcome monkeynuts. You speak with passion and somebody who seems to be at the coal face (homelessness).
Not just on a key board.
Life can change in a blink of an eye. Better not to be too hard on others. I see with my own eyes, the problem with mental issues and homelessness and not just drink and alcohol abuse. So anybodys family could be affected (homelessness). Mental issues especially having NO boundries.
I was talking to a couple of homeless girls in Belfast tonight. Someone in Andersonstown has given them a bed tonight. They seemed glad about it, with the weather changing. Not a night, to be out all night.

Monkey Nuts

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2018, 08:00:22 PM »
Thank you tours,
 a polite welcome is such a cheery thing.
Seen a bit but it's something we have seen for a very long time and done little about.
Well do I remember some of the Belfast characters who were sleeping rough.
In the sixties they were there, 50 bloody years ago. There's another story in there.
Have that another day.