Author Topic: Ashers bakery supreme court summary  (Read 1712 times)

GEMMA

Ashers bakery supreme court summary
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:51:12 AM »
The Supreme court have ruled in favour of Mr and Mrs McArthur that they did not discriminate in there refusal to bake a cake supporting same-sex marriage.
Press summary:  https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2017-0020-press-summary.pdf

brixmis

Re: Ashers bakery supreme court summary
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
Common sense should have prevailed a long time ago!
Congratulations to the McArthurs and Ashers. :clapping: O0
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

gray_marian

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 12:43:22 PM »
 Hip hip, Common sense finally prevails !

jillyfred

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 12:57:10 PM »

A complete waste of time and money from the word go

Glad to see the perseverance of these two decent  youngsters,sticking to their principles, have had their well deserved reward.
IMHO the `boyo` went out of his way to `shop`there simply to create trouble, and get himself into the limelight

He by-passed all the bakeries in his own locality and many on the way,to target Ashers.
`The truth has set Ashers free`!!!
Egg on the face for all those who backed the `wrong horse`to suit their own Agendas-says a lot about them to my mind.

jilly

Nick Keene

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 01:52:10 PM »
I am so very happy to hear that common sense has indeed prevailed and at last people will try and better understand that it was not a decision taken lightly by Ashers, but moreso a decision based on their own religious beliefs, they should never have been faulted for that. I hope this sends a wider message to those intent on forcing their will and beliefs on others, well done Ashers and the family.

James James

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 03:23:41 PM »
I am so very happy to hear that common sense has indeed prevailed and at last people will try and better understand that it was not a decision taken lightly by Ashers, but moreso a decision based on their own religious beliefs, they should never have been faulted for that. I hope this sends a wider message to those intent on forcing their will and beliefs on others, well done Ashers and the family.
The customer was trying to purchase a service,... he wasn't trying to force or impose his beliefs or opinions about the topic of the slogan on the bakers,... nor was he requesting or attempting to force the bakers to agree with his views on the topic of the slogan.

jillyfred

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »
The customer was trying to purchase a service,... he wasn't trying to force or impose his beliefs or opinions about the topic of the slogan on the bakers,... nor was he requesting or attempting to force the bakers to agree with his views on the topic of the slogan.

[/quote
==
Geographically -the `Purchaser`crossed over the Lough and walked miles to be `offended`.

In his interview after the Court had found in favour of the young couple-he tried to then make
out the rest of us were also in jeopardy of heaven knows what.

Anyone with half a wit is well aware of exactly what this `boyo`s` real Agenda was.

Justice has been done and rightly so.

IMHO any decent person would recognise that fact.
Case closed.
Or are we in for another on going diatribe similar to the Rugby one?
It would not surprise me in all honesty.
jilly

Dot/dash

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 06:01:56 PM »

my God it took 5 justices in the Supreme Court                 to bring about a basic ability to

perceive/understand/judge             the legal action originally brought by gay rights activist Gareth Lee         

British justice at last              congratulations to the Christian bakers for fighting for what they believe in     

:clapping:
love me          love my gelding     

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 06:29:07 PM »

This scumbag knew from the start the Ashers bakery would refuse to make such a cake, he thought in his own twisted perverted mind he would make an example of them to the world, instead he has finished up being hit in the face with a custard pie!....Well done Ashers!!
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

Sean B

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »
Justice is done, and seen to be done.

However Iím sure the barroom barristers will want to differ.

Dot/dash

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 06:33:02 PM »

you've failed to mention the customer was a gay rights activist          .       for him to choose a Christian baker 

suggests to me            he deliberately targeted the bakery for their beliefs               enabled by

the Equality Commission          that dangerous/nanny state/pc obsessed quango       ..    hopefully

they/Gareth Lee will be seething at this splendid news            Praise the Lord             prayer is a powerful

weapon

Dot/dash

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 06:33:39 PM »
This scumbag knew from the start the Ashers bakery would refuse to make such a cake, he thought in his own twisted perverted mind he would make an example of them to the world, instead he has finished up being hit in the face with a custard pie!....Well done Ashers!!

:clapping:

GEMMA

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 06:46:33 PM »
Justice is done, and seen to be done.

However Iím sure the barroom barristers will want to differ.
Let them eat cake.

jjmack

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »
Common sense has prevailed and justice has been done and been seen to have been done.

To force someone, anyone, to provide or carry out a service which is against their religious beliefs, breeches their human rights and their rights to conscientious objection.

One cannot force by law a Muslim printer to publish cartoons about Mohamed, similarly one cannot force a Jewish printer by law to print a book about Holocaust denial. This is what would have happened had 'Mr' Lee been successful. Had he succeeded and had this ruling become 'case law', every wacko, weirdo, loony tune and half wit, would have taken similar no hope cases.

Common sense has prevailed and a unanimous verdict coupled with a judgement worthy of Solomon himself, has been delivered. Seems the £100 I gave to support the Ashers case, was money well spent. There was a very important principle at stake here.

Conversely, due to the total intransigence of the 'Inequality Commission' the tax payer is out of pocket to the tune of £250,000 for a cake that cost £36.50. Wardlow should be sacked immediately, as this is not the first time this 'organisation' have gone off piste on a 'wild goose chase'. Of course, they could always waste more tax payers money and appeal to the European court, which in itself, is a very good reason for Brexit.  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

jjmack

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 07:23:46 PM »

And by refusing to provide said slogan, it did not discriminate against the person. They would have refused to embellish the cake with 'that' slogan for anyone, regardless of who or what they are.  That was the unanimous ruling of the UK Supreme Court.  ::)  Still in the back of my mind I have this awful feeling, despite denials, that Ashers were 'targeted' to try and prove a point, which thankfully has not only failed, but failed miserably.  :D  Thank God for British Justice.  :)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.