Author Topic: Tom Rocks 49 Whiterock Road (corner of Brittons Parade)  (Read 1124 times)

PaulineRooney

Tom Rocks 49 Whiterock Road (corner of Brittons Parade)
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »
Does anyone remember Tom Rocks of 49 Whiterock road? He was a postal worker. He appears in the street directories from 1943 to 1960 at that address. I know he was born Aug 1910 and died as Rocks men tend to do age 52, so im assuming his death was in or around 1962, he was found dead on the doorstep of his home. He also had a son Tom Rocks Jr who had a sister named Angela who married a man called seamus boyle. Does anyone know anything of this family?

Badger62

Re: Tom Rocks 49 Whiterock Road (corner of Brittons Parade)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 10:23:40 PM »
Hi Pauline
Iím Tom Rocks grandson. What do you want to know?
Prefer to reply by email.

PaulineRooney

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »
Hi Badger62, im a great-granddaughter of Felix Rocks i believe your grandfather was a brother of my grandfather, ive managed to trace other line of Felix's family tree, do you know anything of Michael Rocks married late in life and died a few years after marriage. Do you know if your grandfathers parents were Tom Rocks & Lizzie Quinn ?

mona lisa

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 07:09:08 PM »
II lived on Brittons Parade and knew the younger ones in the family one of them got a brain injury playing hurley but cannot remember his name but he had gone to St.Malachys

PaulineRooney

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »
Thank you Mona Lisa, i have also been told that story, that was Tom Rocks junior im told. My grandfather was also a Tom Rocks, his family Felix Rocks & Molly lived at St Katherine's Road before moving to north belfast. Felix's parents lived at 282 springfield road. There was a brother Patrick Rocks went to America. Sisters Bernadette & Mary Rocks, Elizabeth Rocks married Anthony McNamee, Margaret Rocks became Sister Mary Bosco. Both Sister Mary Bosco (before she was a nun taught in St Kevins primary school) & Elizabeth McNamee. Tom Rocks ( 49 Whiterock Road ) Michael Rocks married a lady whos mother ran McHughs pub in Queens square. Patrick Rocks that went to America married Edith Donnelly whos parents were from Clowney Street. Im hoping people may remember any of these people and can tell me more stories to add to my ancestors history.

Pauline