Author Topic: First Bar  (Read 628 times)

brixmis

Re: First Bar
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 12:51:01 PM »
I wouldn't like to be doing a pub crawl along the York Rd/Shore Rd,too far between them.
Well if you deviate from York Rd/Shore Rd you have The Mount on the corner of Canning St/N.Queen St. The Crues Social Club and The Brantwood Club on Jellicoe Ave.
 Then your next drink would be at The Whitehouse Workies.
Boomshanka

Willty

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 08:24:21 PM »
Well ,the Mount ,when I lived near it ,it was a hard mans bar,(they ate there own young) I passed by it a couple of times and I would never ever think of going into it,if you still have two eyes,front teeth and both ears your considered a sissy.

HarryHippo

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 11:25:44 PM »
Well ,the Mount ,when I lived near it ,it was a hard mans bar,(they ate there own young) I passed by it a couple of times and I would never ever think of going into it,if you still have two eyes,front teeth and both ears your considered a sissy.
I frequented it quite a few times and still have both eyes , both ears , no comment on my teeth... but then i was just as often chased out of it because i was experimenting in dressing up as a lady then ...  ;)   I imagined they would never hit a lady !!    was i wrong !!  ;)     :)
Lux Et Veritas

Willty

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 07:58:58 PM »
Harry H
My. Local when I lived there was the North Star,(McEldownies),we'll run pub,the Greenmount as it was known then was a "mans " bar, no young ones would go there for a drink.The Queens Arms was a friendly bar though I rarely went there as I didn't like the staff as they were very "drink fast" or get out.

Willty

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 08:01:38 PM »
Harry H ,
You dressed as a woman in the Mount,consider yourself lucky you were not mounted!

HarryHippo

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 12:01:42 AM »
Harry H ,
You dressed as a woman in the Mount,consider yourself lucky you were not mounted!
well i did hide it all under my boiler suit .. only thing visable really was my big red rosy lips .. I suppose they thought someone had just hit me a dig in the mouth  ;)   Oh... and the The Purple wig may have given it all away though i must confess... : 
Lux Et Veritas