Author Topic: Brennan family  (Read 1148 times)

deirdre

Brennan family
« on: October 29, 2018, 02:50:59 PM »

deirdre

Re: Brennan family
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 03:05:33 PM »

Photo above..Brennan Family Alton st / Library st Belfast 1909c..left to right Joseph Brennan age 24yrs .girl possible Annie 25yrs or Threasa 21yrs.Brennan,Michael Brennan age 14yrs..woman possible Cathrine Brennan age 53yrs (mum) Bernard Brennan age 20yrs
Front row Possible Joe Brennan age 54yrs (dad) and my grandfather Robert Brennan age18yrs..photo I think was taken at Mary Brennans wedding to George Simpson Belfast.. would be great to be able to ID all in the photo..ARE THESES YOUR BRENNAN.

jillyfred

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 03:31:24 PM »

Derdrei cannot help with identification-but do love to see these old photographs of times and
people gone by.

jilly :)

deirdre

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 03:50:13 PM »
Derdrei cannot help with identification-but do love to see these old photographs of times and
people gone by.

jilly :)
me too I love old photos it's just one of many..it took me awhile to work out how to post the photo on here but got there in the end.
..im 80% sure I have the ID correct and  hope maybe hook up with 2nd cousin through this photo..

jillyfred

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 04:42:57 PM »
me too I love old photos it's just one of many..it took me awhile to work out how to post the photo on here but got there in the end.
..im 80% sure I have the ID correct and  hope maybe hook up with 2nd cousin through this photo..

==
Hope you do Deirdre.
As for posting `links` or photographs-not me!!
The dog would be better at it!!!
jilly :D

Wishart

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 09:10:11 PM »

deirdre

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 09:12:44 PM »

Kathleen Donnelly

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 12:43:38 AM »
Thanks for the pics. I also knew the whole family.....later of course. There was one of their shops opposite our house in Beechmount St. They also opened one on Beechmount Ave. I think Joe went to South Africa.
When will we write Robert Emmet's Epitaph?
Justice for the Ballymurphy 11

deirdre

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 08:17:55 AM »
Thanks for the pics. I also knew the whole family.....later of course. There was one of their shops opposite our house in Beechmount St. They also opened one on Beechmount Ave. I think Joe went to South Africa.
Uncle Seamus went to South Africa..Uncle Bobby to Australia Joe is his son.
Joseph in the photo is our Great uncle and Robert my Grandfather

Kathleen Donnelly

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 10:37:10 PM »
Hi Deidre, NOW I got it!! we're talking a different generation. Where would a Maura Brennan fit in with your family tree. I believe she lived/lives in Florida.Hard to keep all the Brennans straight. ;)

deirdre

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 05:07:59 AM »
Hi Deidre, NOW I got it!! we're talking a different generation. Where would a Maura Brennan fit in with your family tree. I believe she lived/lives in Florida.Hard to keep all the Brennans straight. ;)
Maura was my 1st cousin and Daughter of Charlie and Ann Brennanshe passed away In 2013.Florida

Kathleen Donnelly

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 12:15:04 AM »
OMG Deidre Maura, is the third person I heard of from in Belfast who died  this year. God Rest Them All. Kathleen

arder lavery

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »
The Brennan's are my cousins. My uncle bobby and aunt Rosie owned the shop in beachmount, bumped into Bobby and joe last week here in Australia , if you search my name, you will see a few wee pics of the Brennan's
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

deirdre

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 12:35:49 PM »
The Brennan's are my cousins. My uncle bobby and aunt Rosie owned the shop in beachmount, bumped into Bobby and joe last week here in Australia , if you search my name, you will see a few wee pics of the Brennan's
So your related through Rosie..i have a beautiful photo of her as a young girl..movie star looks..im in touch with Joe on face book.