Author Topic: Groundhog Day again.  (Read 510 times)

Grounghog Day

Groundhog Day again.
« on: November 03, 2018, 12:33:37 AM »
I definitely reckon that when they made this movie, they must have spent some time here.
Honestly folks, I tune in and out of this site, I'm Belfast born, very proud of the fact but business took me further afield luckily I feel. Some of the best people on the planet are in this City and it's surroundings, but I have to say...wake up!
For the last number of months, I have tuned in to local programmes, news, nolan, talkback, the view and utv's similar menu.
You could quite easily, simply take any days recording and play it back, news etc., pretty sad as I feel from the inside you cannot see this, there is so much else going on in the world and you're all simply trapped in a daily routine of tuning into repetition and action replays of the same over and over again with the same result....trapped in groundhog day.
Sadly from the outside you can almost see how this is going to play out and the losers will be? .I guess the ordinary people.

When you hear the same people being daily given airspace, sorry Norman and Co, bit you are so predictable and I mean from all sides. The same comments, mainly No to most things and you then see a flicker of light as someone bucks the trend and tries to either compromise or suggest alternatives, only to be judged on whether they could be green or orange, unionist or nationalist, republican or loyalist and then another cop out.
Even though the daily complaints and real life stories of ordinary people, suffering hardship through lack of proper medical services or eternal queues, to find all is stalled along with education, soc welfare issues.

Here's a forecast there will be a major twist in this whole brexit soap opera.
I realize that some people simply are so insular in their thinking, that they will not be able to open their minds to change, but folks wake up please., if you think I'm wrong listen in again in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday to find Groundhog Day repeating itself and you're part of it.

In hope.
BM.

HarryHippo

Re: Groundhog Day again.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 12:39:11 AM »
I definitely reckon that when they made this movie, they must have spent some time here.
Honestly folks, I tune in and out of this site, I'm Belfast born, very proud of the fact but business took me further afield luckily I feel. Some of the best people on the planet are in this City and it's surroundings, but I have to say...wake up!
For the last number of months, I have tuned in to local programmes, news, nolan, talkback, the view and utv's similar menu.
You could quite easily, simply take any days recording and play it back, news etc., pretty sad as I feel from the inside you cannot see this, there is so much else going on in the world and you're all simply trapped in a daily routine of tuning into repetition and action replays of the same over and over again with the same result....trapped in groundhog day.
Sadly from the outside you can almost see how this is going to play out and the losers will be? .I guess the ordinary people.

When you hear the same people being daily given airspace, sorry Norman and Co, bit you are so predictable and I mean from all sides. The same comments, mainly No to most things and you then see a flicker of light as someone bucks the trend and tries to either compromise or suggest alternatives, only to be judged on whether they could be green or orange, unionist or nationalist, republican or loyalist and then another cop out.
Even though the daily complaints and real life stories of ordinary people, suffering hardship through lack of proper medical services or eternal queues, to find all is stalled along with education, soc welfare issues.

I realize that some people simply are so insular in their thinking, that they will not be able to open their minds to change, but folks wake up please., if you think I'm wrong listen in again in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday to find Groundhog Day repeating itself and you're part of it.

In hope.
BM.
sounds interesting ... Saturday and Sunday i can have a lie in ..
Lux Et Veritas

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 12:40:19 AM »
You forgot sunday politics .

jillyfred

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 02:46:14 AM »

Welcome to the Forum Groundhog Day.

jilly :)

JackM

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 11:50:25 AM »
You forgot sunday politics .

View from the Hill ? A wholly nothing programme, about nothing. Talk about filling air time. :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.

JackM

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 11:51:38 AM »

In hope.
BM.

Care to enlighten us ?   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.

JackM

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »
Today at Stormont.   :D         :D

jjmack

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 08:59:25 PM »

In hope.
BM.

Why listen or watch the programmes then ? If they are so repetitive, why do you continue to listen or watch ?   :D  Do I detect you are perhaps a 'remoaner' or an Alliance voter ?         :D             :D
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

James James

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 09:24:07 PM »

ldugan

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 09:53:19 PM »

In hope.
BM.

Well said and welcome to the forum  :)

derdrei

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 10:52:46 PM »

In hope.
BM.
very well said .

RBR60

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 03:03:44 PM »
what about Nolan on the Top Table,,,,,come on kids ! get on tv,,be cheeky,,be a politician and get paid lots of money.

GandT

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 03:35:52 PM »

In hope.
BM.

I have no complaints about people living elsewhere making comments on our situation here. I don't think 'Groundhog Day' was made anywhere on these islands and any allegorical or metaphorical relevance that it had could play just as easily to most political situations in most countries in the world. In fact, quite a number are interested in how we have managed to create an, admittedly flawed, but relatively peaceful settlement out of one of the most intractable, longest conflicts in history. I don't think I'm 'insular' because I have broadly republican views and I don't think unionist people are 'insular' either because they support the union.

repetition and action replays of the same over and over again with the same result...
.[/color][/font][/size]

GB - Brexit, Anti-Semitism in the Labour Party, tensions in the Tory Party, Austerity etc. Are these not played out in the British Houses of Parliament week after week after week

US - Gun Laws; Russian probe; Investigations: Trump speeches with the same limited rhetoric

Middle East - same points about Arab-Israeli conflict - maybe we could help a little? Same points about human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia - much change there recently?

All seems pretty repetitive with only very marginal change here and there. Ever listened to the acrimony between Republicans and Democrats - some of the strident and repeated garbage of both sides of those debates?

Please illustrate where the 'so much else in the world is going on' from which we 'insular' bumpkins might draw salutary lessons and thus solve all our problems

Are all the health and education issues solved so wonderfully well that there is complete consensus and economic efficiency elsewhere that there are no repeated ideological points between politicians in a certain country. Please inform us that we might go there because obviously we are missing out on something new and ever-changing elsewhere that our insularity is keeping us from seeing.