Author Topic: Belfast Oh dear  (Read 943 times)

jjmack

Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

Nowhere man

Re: Belfast Oh dear
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:34:03 PM »
A sad state of affairs...
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Already Taken.

derdrei

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »
A sad state of affairs...
does not sound good.

jjmack

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 05:48:47 AM »
Never mind here's a wee song to lift the spirits. Some great photos as well.  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oENN-e9dnvM
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

derdrei

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 11:30:42 AM »
I don't know my sound did not work. :-\ .

GandT

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »
Never mind here's a wee song to lift the spirits. Some great photos as well.  ::)

Don't know about that one, jjmack! George and Clubsound would have been one of my reasons for living anywhere else but Belfast! :) The PwC report is interesting and, no doubt, correct in its findings re: economic activity being slowed down and so on. Nonetheless, the findings on other factors are encouraging enough and one hell of an improvement in people's overall outlook on the place!

jillyfred

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 03:53:07 PM »

===
May God preserves us jjmack!

jilly :D

jillyfred

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 04:18:34 PM »
Don't know about that one, jjmack! George and Clubsound would have been one of my reasons for living anywhere else but Belfast! :) The PwC report is interesting and, no doubt, correct in its findings re: economic activity being slowed down and so on. Nonetheless, the findings on other factors are encouraging enough and one hell of an improvement in people's overall outlook on the place!

===
Gand T sorry to hear that re George and Clubsound.
No one, or nothing, would ever change my mind about my Capitol City-Belfast.
Also,no reports or opinions about Belfast would either.
However,as always,I respect your very different view-as I do all posters on the Forum
and expect them to reciprocate.
That ,IMHO,is the only way for everyone in Northern Ireland to act towards each other in
a respectful manner.
I count myself very fortunate that I have never had anything other than complete harmony
with  all my Countrymen in Northern Ireland.
Thankfully,together we have always had the common sense to agree on the things that really
matter to us.Just the normal stuff normal people want out of life-I am sure I do not need to
elaborate.
Life is hard enough,we all have stuff to cope with,all this carryon is merely the creation of
those who wish to `star in the big movie`-people are people-they don`t want their lives disrupted
by those who live by threats,murder,intimidation,crime.They should have been isolated and disposed
of over 20 years ago.
Of course,I am well aware this post will get a lot of `flack`-but to be really honest -I do not give
one iota-its my view and I am fully entitled to it -as others on this Forum are to theirs.
jilly

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »
Meh(as the kids would say).
Worst things happen at sea(as the old ones would say).

GandT

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 04:40:43 PM »
===
H
jilly

I was kidding about George and Clubsound. Actually, I always quite liked them in cabaret - good fun and, when they wanted to be, a very good outfit at doing popular chart numbers etc.

derdrei

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 01:06:03 AM »
I was kidding about George and Clubsound. Actually, I always quite liked them in cabaret - good fun and, when they wanted to be, a very good outfit at doing popular chart numbers etc.
yes GandT I enjoyed them to they are great fun.

jjmack

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 09:28:41 AM »
Clubsound yes, they were a good cabaret act. Songs, stories and jokes. Good all rounders. In their own right they were talented musicians. I remember being back in Belfast and seeing their act in the Abercorn. A couple of years later I saw them again, same jokes, same stories and same songs. I think that was their problem, sticking rigorously to the same formula, even though it had gone stale. I think ultimately that was their downfall.  ::)

jillyfred

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »
Clubsound yes, they were a good cabaret act. Songs, stories and jokes. Good all rounders. In their own right they were talented musicians. I remember being back in Belfast and seeing their act in the Abercorn. A couple of years later I saw them again, same jokes, same stories and same songs. I think that was their problem, sticking rigorously to the same formula, even though it had gone stale. I think ultimately that was their downfall.  ::)

===
Well yes jjmack you are correct in what you say.
They came quite a few times to the Golf Club I was a Member of at the time.
They did use the same repertoire on all occasions-but I suppose during those
days of the 1970`s and `1980s we were just glad to have them give us a good laugh.
I knew a girl who was married to one of them-so probably I am a bit biased!
jilly :)

derdrei

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 04:00:09 AM »

good one jjmack funny.

stickleback

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 08:07:46 PM »
===
However,as always,I respect your very different view-as I do all posters on the Forum
and expect them to reciprocate.
That ,IMHO,is the only way for everyone in Northern Ireland to act towards each other in
a respectful manner.
I count myself very fortunate that I have never had anything other than complete harmony
with  all my Countrymen in Northern Ireland.
Thankfully,together we have always had the common sense to agree on the things that really
matter to us.Just the normal stuff normal people want out of life-I am sure I do not need to
elaborate.
Life is hard enough,we all have stuff to cope with,all this carryon is merely the creation of
those who wish to `star in the big movie`-people are people-they don`t want their lives disrupted
by those who live by threats,murder,intimidation,crime.They should have been isolated and disposed
of over 20 years ago.
Of course,I am well aware this post will get a lot of `flack`-but to be really honest -I do not give
one iota-its my view and I am fully entitled to it -as others on this Forum are to theirs.
jilly

Excellent post, Jillyfred  ;)