Author Topic: McKinnell Family Bourton Street 1940's  (Read 2295 times)

ksully

Re: McKinnell Family Bourton Street 1940's
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 08:35:20 PM »
For kjyoung-
I have sent you a private message via this site.
ksully

ksully

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 12:22:57 PM »
Hi there.
A big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to look up information about the McKinnell family from Bouton Street.
I now only have a few blank years to fill in (1955 - 1957) regarding Sarah (Sally) McKinnell (born 1937) and her sister Violet McKinnell (born 1939).

I am trying to find out when they left Belfast and where they went to in England between 1955 and 1957. I now know that Sarah McKinnell was living in Blackpool by 1958 and married the same year to Bryan Sharples and that Violet McKinnell was living in Margate by 1958 the same year that she married Edwin Lee Reisinger.

Sarah and Violet's father, James McKinnell died in the early part of 1957 and I would like to know if Sarah and Violet came to England before or after their father passed away.

I realise that none of this will be documented, so I am hoping that someone who knew the McKinnell family on Bourton Street from the mid 1950's will gat to see this comment and post a reply.

Many thanks.

pkblack

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 03:16:25 PM »
Hi ksully

I am Reggie McKinnells granddaughter living in Northern Ireland. I would love to hear if you were able to track down his sisters or indeed love to hear about his sister Sylvia.

Polly

pkblack

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 03:55:35 PM »
I am Sylvia McKinnell's daughter

KFitz I am Reginald Twaddle’s granddaughter would you please private message me as I am unable to send you one.

ksully

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 08:16:43 PM »
Hi pkblack,

ksully

pkblack

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 08:42:51 PM »
Hi pkblack,

ksully

Ksully,

thank you so much for your message, once again I am unable to reply.

My grandfather Reggie was evacuated during the war, to a family in Ballymoney, north of Belfast. It was here that he meet Mr and Mrs Twaddle, who eventually became his adoptive parents (it is also to my understanding that his mother Sarah wanted his brother Jimmy to also be sent up to Ballymoney but it never happened and poor James died very soon after). He married my grandmother in 1960, and they had two children. He was a police officer in the RUC during a very dark time in our history. But he was also a very talented artist and loved painting (perhaps why Violet thought there was a paint connection) Following a separation from my grandmother, he moved to England around 1978 and died in Hastings in 2000.

Thank you to everyone on this thread that has commented and provided information. It is a whole new side of my family that I have never known or talked about and I find it incredibly interesting.

KFitz

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2020, 11:18:35 AM »
KFitz I am Reginald Twaddle’s granddaughter would you please private message me as I am unable to send you one.
hi Polly,I can't pm you for some reason,my email is fitzpk2 at gmail if you would like to email me.Kerry

Bread Basket

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »
hi Polly,I can't pm you for some reason,my email is fitzpk2 at gmail if you would like to email me.Kerry

KFitz,
In order to make a PM all new members to the Forum must make (I think it’s 5 posts). Nip into the games room and make a few extra post and then return to this or any other thread to make your PM.

Good luck