Author Topic: Would you like to feature in an Experimental Documentary? Stories wanted.  (Read 417 times)

placesofarticulation

I am currently doing some research for the Brussels based artists/filmmakers Effi & Amir, who are working on an independent essay-film under the working title Places of Articulation, which questions the relationship between voice and identity.

The film will include testimonies (not solely from Northern Ireland) of people who have been confronted by test-like situations, interviews with professionals (speech therapists, linguists, researchers), scientific archive footage and youtube pronunciation tutorials, that will be combined together in a rhythmical and poetic edit.

So I'm looking for people who have a story about being directly tested on how their pronunciation of the letter h to identify them as Protestant or Catholic, and the consequences - maybe it happened in an interview and you didn't get the job or you were beaten up on the street. Whatever it is, I'd love to hear from you.

The artists will be visiting here in December and would like to meet with potential candidates to hear their story in person. As this is still the research phase, no filming will take place during this visit and there is no obligation to participate any further.

If you're interested, please get in touch.