Author Topic: Toner/McConnell  (Read 213 times)

Seasons

Toner/McConnell
« on: December 04, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »
Would anyone have contact with the family off Mary Toner who Married Norman McConnell in St Phillips Church of Ireland 5th June 1935. Mary was 24 Norman was 27. I am trying to trace their family! Mary was originally from Grosvener Road..

JimG

Re: Toner/McConnell
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 02:44:45 PM »
hi seasons, to get my result I entered onto lennonwylies search engine
mcconnell, norman 1960 site:http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk

and received pages of results,  I tried to narrow the hunt by control f and entering Norman and got 44 results  that was too many so tried mcconnell and it was in the 30s so started looking and found one which was
Saintfield Road
Continuation of Ormeau Road  Outside Municipal Boundary which listed the owners or tenants of this short run of three houses
           Rozel
       Anderson, Robert, B.Agr.
       Twinem, George, draper
       McConnell, Norman, chemist
       Quinn, John, hardware merchant
but made time for burials using
http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/community/burialrecords/burialrecords.aspx which produced two results
the chemist is likely to be Norman Mcconnell Last place of residence   56 Killynether Walk Belvoir Age   78 { so b~ 1907 so should be traceable in 1911 census
Date of death   14 September 1985 hes buried  in Roselawn cemetery
there is another burial
Norman   Mcconnell   1 6/12 Years   23 November 1912   25 November 1912   Dundonald Cemetery   View details
he is one of two children born at 55 Lord St Belfast t Norman and Margaret McConnell , one died 1911, the ither 1912 father James died 1913, at Forster Green hospital Margaret died 1918 at 194 Cupar St
Forster Green hospital is/was Saintfield road Continuation of Ormeau Road  Outside Municipal Boundary close to Rozel above.
Killynether Walk is 2 miles south westwards  of Forster Green hospital

try the same for Toner
good luck JImG

Seasons

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 10:38:15 AM »
Hi Jim.

Thanks for the tips on using search engine within different sites. I'm a bit of a novice with the internet! However, I'm learning quickly with these searches.

I will try the same search for Toner!

I've found they where at COI St Phillips around Grosvener Road area when it was opened, I'm trying to find out where those records are and hopefully do a search for any living families. It's really only one Generation back so it should be doable Jim.
Have a good weekend!
Annie.

:)

JimG

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 09:41:03 PM »
for church records download https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/PRONI-Guide-to-Church-Records.pdf
this is their holdings to about 2009

Seasons

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 09:20:53 PM »
Well this is going to keep me busy!!  :o 

Many thanks JimG

Annie