Author Topic: Day Of The Jackal  (Read 804 times)

stickleback

Day Of The Jackal
« on: December 22, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »

The storm clouds are a brewing over the Manchester Arena for the Warrington v Frampton show down tonight.

This has all the makings of being a truly terrific match-up.

I'm with Frampton on points, but it will be very intense and could easily end early either way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clsrU0QWWYY

stickleback

Re: Day Of The Jackal
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 04:11:27 PM »

I'm so excited about this fight that I decided to post my opinions on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pzA4Svhayw

stickleback

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 04:29:44 PM »

Josh Warrington's old man and trainer.

I swear if he was in New York or Boston he would be a mafia Don.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJf3IQOekn4

stickleback

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 04:50:58 PM »

Shame on Eddie Hearn for denying Frampton and Warrington their pay per view due by sticking his event. .Whyte v Chisora on the same night, at the same time. The Frampton fight is promoted by his arch rival Frank Warren.

That is really below the belt stuff.

I know which fight I'll be watching and that is the dual of the most skillful fighters, being Frampton v Warrington.

GandT

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 06:45:29 PM »

Listened to the commentary by Jim Neilly and Dave McAuley and got increasingly depressed as the rounds went past. Was talking today to a couple of guys - including one very knowledgeable boxing coach - who felt that the Frampton he knew just did not turn up and was not as well prepared as he has been in the past. He is convinced that Frampton is a much better boxer / fighter than his tactics last night revealed and wonders if this experience will be enough to make him give up the game.

Something in me wants him to continue because I really like Frampton as person and boxer. On the other hand, a good time to quit is when you decide you don't have to chase money or fame anymore. Whichever it is, I hope it goes well for Carl and would wish him the very best to enjoy what he has achieved already.

stickleback

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 04:55:38 PM »
Listened to the commentary by Jim Neilly and Dave McAuley and got increasingly depressed as the rounds went past. Was talking today to a couple of guys - including one very knowledgeable boxing coach - who felt that the Frampton he knew just did not turn up and was not as well prepared as he has been in the past. He is convinced that Frampton is a much better boxer / fighter than his tactics last night revealed and wonders if this experience will be enough to make him give up the game.

Something in me wants him to continue because I really like Frampton as person and boxer. On the other hand, a good time to quit is when you decide you don't have to chase money or fame anymore. Whichever it is, I hope it goes well for Carl and would wish him the very best to enjoy what he has achieved already.

Good post GandT, but no excuses.

Josh Warrington was truly astonishing. From the first bell to the last he was non-stop. Frampton was rocked in the first and second, but held a few middle rounds. I would never knock Frampton because he was a terrific boxer, an elite fighter in his day, a credit to Belfast. But he was never at the pace of Josh Warrington. Never in his career did Frampton encounter that kind of non-stop explosive energy. I hope Frampton quits now, with his head held high. Now 28-0. Warrington will unify the division. No question about that. It was good to see two fighters so respectful after the bell. Two fighters who represent their cities. Belfast and Leeds. I have a hunch that Belfast thought Leeds was soft. Yorkshire is notoriously hard. Leeds is a tough city. Like Frank Warren said, that was the best fight I have ever seen on British soil. It was relentless.

The Josh Warrington fans in Leeds: ( I will post the fight once it's made available and your eyes will pop when you see how tough Josh Warrington is ) Credit to both sets of fans in Manchester. No trouble. That's fight fans for you.

Marching On Together ( Leeds United FC anthem)
I predict A Riot ( Leeds band Kaiser Chiefs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5hWN1lEej4

I've managed to find this full-fight footage with English commentary ( American).Not the best footage, but good enough.

Full fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68jWpv0ysuw

jjmack

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 07:49:34 AM »
Sadly wee Carl met his match. Outfought and out thought. He must now take stock and carefully consider his future. Perhaps he has made enough money to retire ? To be honest, Warrington looked a class above Carl.  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

jjmack

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 06:44:05 AM »
Frampton writing in his Sunday newspaper column states that he has not made up his mind as to his future. However, he would consider a rematch against Warrington or a fight against Leo Santa Cruz, but would not be tempted into a bout against 'lesser' opposition. I think the problem now for Carl is, do either the Warrington or Santa Cruz camps see him as relevant?  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

JackM

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »
Yes, Frampton took a bit of a mauling.  :(
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F