Author Topic: Your Irish Passport  (Read 6169 times)

James James

Re: Your Irish Passport
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2019, 02:34:14 PM »
Thanks, JJ. After IDís post I researched it further. The cost is 278 euros + standard passport fee. The process is longer due to more documentation etc. Iíll probably apply in the not too distant future...
Ä278+   for a passport  a mug/his Ä  easily parted 
Nowhere man will correct me if I'm wrong Dot, but he may not have been born in Ulster or the Republic of Ireland, and or may not be a resident of Ulster or the U.K., and if so the Irish passport fees may differ between U.K. residents and citizens/subjects, and overseas resident U.K. nationals,... and between overseas residents who weren't born in Ireland or the U.K. but who are entitled to an Irish passport by descent from an Irish born ancestor.

There are a lot of variable factors involved both in rights to apply for and hold a particular passport, whether a British or an Irish passport, and with the consular assistance that will be provided and or accepted if needed, in a particular visited country, depending on which passport was used to enter that country,... and in the case of Irish nationals who apply for and hold a British passport, whether they hold and are listed in their British passport as having British subject or British citizen status.
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,74925.msg2096947.html#msg2096947

The Ulster born and resident woman and her American born husband, who are both resident in Derry/Londonderry/ Doare,... have found that out and are now in legal dispute with the British government about their situation.
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,74925.msg2096902.html#msg2096902

James James

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2019, 03:14:22 PM »
I assume Irishdigger JackM was referring to anyone entering the UK using the Irish one.
It might suit them going out,but could entail them joining the F.N. entry on the way back in
using an Irish/EU one.
I don`t know if you can leave the country on one passport and re-enter using another.
Expect we will have to wait until the decision is made with regard to this. jilly 

As far as I'm aware one can, regardless of the nationality of the passports that are held in respect of dual or multiple nationalities of any country.

However, in some countries, people doing that may be subject to additional scrutiny when leaving that country on a different passport than they entered with, and ditto people who reenter some countries on a different passport than they left it with.

In addition, the nationality of the passport that is used to enter some countries can affect the consular assistance which, if needed, may or may not be available from the countries that the passport holder has passports from, and the consular assistance from such countries that the visited countries may permit to be given.

In the case of Irish nationals who also hold British passports, whether their British passport lists them as having British subject status, or British citizen status, can also be a factor with that.
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,74925.msg2096947.html#msg2096947

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Travelling with two passports - Jure Sanguinis Italian Citizenship"
US & Italian passports, but it also applies to other nationalities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An32JhKRP1E

Jus sanguinis = (Latin: right of blood) is a principle of nationality law by which citizenship is not determined by place of birth but by having one or both parents who are citizens of the state.

"Mar 16, 2018"

"In this video we'll cover travelling with two passports after having getting Italian citizenship through Jure Sanguinis or dual citizenship to other countries than what I spoke about in the video. How to travel with two passports is quite simple, it's just all about showing the right passport at the right time."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same presenter,...  "Aug 7, 2018"
"Traveling with two passports - I almost got arrested | Jure Sanguinis Italian Dual Citizenship"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4rB7uDUt0

"Traveling with two passports can be quite simple, however the simple mistakes can cause quite the headache. Even if you aren't an Italian Dual Citizen through Jure Sanguinis  there are still certain steps you need to take no matter what. This is a follow up video I made to a video from a few months ago about how to travel with two passports, the link will be below."

ldugan

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2019, 03:56:23 PM »
The cost of an Irish passport is 80 euro which is cheaper than the fee for a British one.
We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.

MargaretS

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2019, 04:13:59 PM »
at first glance I thought your post read        .     valued input              would have made more

sense to me                still maintain a fool and his dosh are easily parted           far too costly

for a passport fee               trust the t w ^ t  in the south       .  to rip off those in the north who

seek Irish passports           

the fee for an irish passport is 80 euros
great value everyone should get one
i hope you sent your application form off dot
you may already have one
most people from ardoyne have one
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

James James

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »
"Entering the Foreign Births Register costs Ä278 (or Ä153 for under-18s) by debit/credit card only. If youíve lost any of the required documents, replacing these may cost extra."
https://www.lovemoney.com/news/78841/irish-passport-how-to-apply-how-much-it-costs-and-who-is-eligible
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How much it costs"

"Like other passports and visas, itís important to avoid dodgy middlemen, whoíll charge you extra for a service you can get directly from the Irish Government (use the links in this article)."

"Entering the Foreign Births Register costs Ä278 (or Ä153 for under-18s) by debit/credit card only. If youíve lost any of the required documents, replacing these may cost extra."
https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/citizenship/born-abroad/registering-a-foreign-birth/

"Once registered Ė or if youíre automatically an Irish citizen Ė you can apply for a passport. Find out which documents you'll need here."
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/passports/applying_for_or_renewing_an_irish_passport.html

The costs are as follows:

Standard 10-year, 32-page passport (aged 18 and over): Ä95
Large 10-year 66-page passport (aged 18 and over): Ä125
5-year passport (aged under 18 years): Ä45
Payment is taken in Euros and by debit/credit card only.

Dot/dash

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2019, 05:36:06 PM »
the fee for an irish passport is 80 euros
great value everyone should get one
i hope you sent your application form off dot
you may already have one
most people from ardoyne have one

interesting to know you've recently carried out an Ardoyne census              well here is one ex Ardoyne

girl who doesn't have am Irish passport          shame on me           guess I'm in need of tarring/feathering/

whatever name they dish out to traitors           I've  English blood on my Dad's side of the family         

Sussex people          names goes back to the Doomsday book I've been told         those ancestors were

most likely Danes           married a Frenchman          my children/myself have French citizenship   

two passports suits me fine            my British/French ones            :D     why don't you take the

cost of Irish passports up with Nowhere man            he's the one who fixed a cost         
love me          love my gelding     

JackM

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2019, 06:27:33 PM »
Where did you get your information from?
Assuming that the person living in the UK is the holder of a British Passport and in addition obtains an Irish Passport thus making that person a dual citizen; how then as you claim, could that person be relegated to the status of 'Foreign National'

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/citizens-rights-uk-and-irish-nationals-in-the-common-travel-area/citizens-rights-uk-and-irish-nationals-in-the-common-travel-area

Ah yes dual citizenship. How many supporters of Sinn Fein / IRA are going to obtain a British passport in order to give them dual citizenship ?  :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

James James

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »
"YOUR IRISH PASSPORT"

Nowhere man

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2019, 09:57:23 PM »
interesting to know you've recently carried out an Ardoyne census              well here is one ex Ardoyne

girl who doesn't have am Irish passport          shame on me           guess I'm in need of tarring/feathering/

whatever name they dish out to traitors           I've  English blood on my Dad's side of the family         

Sussex people          names goes back to the Doomsday book I've been told         those ancestors were

most likely Danes           married a Frenchman          my children/myself have French citizenship   

two passports suits me fine            my British/French ones            :D     why don't you take the

cost of Irish passports up with Nowhere man            he's the one who fixed a cost       

In regards to your last sentence, D, I refer you to my previous posts on this thread...I canít make the same point for a third time on the same thread, itís starting to get somewhat irksome.
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Already Taken.

Dot/dash

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2019, 11:23:28 PM »
In regards to your last sentence, D, I refer you to my previous posts on this thread...I canít make the same point for a third time on the same thread, itís starting to get somewhat irksome.

# 65

After IDís post I researched it further. The cost is 278 euros + standard passport fee. The process is longer due to more documentation etc. Iíll probably apply in the not too distant future..

wot you on about      ???

James James

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »
https://www.lovemoney.com/news/78841/irish-passport-how-to-apply-how-much-it-costs-and-who-is-eligible
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How much it costs"

"Like other passports and visas, itís important to avoid dodgy middlemen, whoíll charge you extra for a service you can get directly from the Irish Government (use the links in this article)."

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/citizenship/born-abroad/registering-a-foreign-birth/

"Once registered Ė or if youíre automatically an Irish citizen Ė you can apply for a passport. Find out which documents you'll need here."
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/passports/applying_for_or_renewing_an_irish_passport.html

The costs are as follows:

Standard 10-year, 32-page passport (aged 18 and over): Ä95
Large 10-year 66-page passport (aged 18 and over): Ä125
5-year passport (aged under 18 years): Ä45
Payment is taken in Euros and by debit/credit card only.

James James

tommo

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2019, 06:58:50 AM »
# 65

After IDís post I researched it further. The cost is 278 euros + standard passport fee. The process is longer due to more documentation etc. Iíll probably apply in the not too distant future..

I would wait for a while, probably you will get one in a Corn flakes box. 😩

Nowhere man

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2019, 07:04:21 AM »
# 65

Whatís the bolded price for? There were more Ďpostsí than that one.
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Already Taken.

Dot/dash

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2019, 10:43:02 AM »

#  68

air brain Varadkarís Fianna FŠil's leader           now EU's mouthpiece        ooops forgot EU would rather

announce latest Brexit talks update             "we don't want to trap the UK into anything"          via the

minnow pussy           rather than straight from the horse's mouth        .     how does it feel having wimpy

boy         as spokesperson for Germany/4th Reich       .  you can kiss Ireland/United Ireland goodbye       

as an independent sovereign nation            when the great German Wehrmacht  EU army takes hold         

:D      the truth will set you free       :D