Author Topic: Your Irish Passport  (Read 4535 times)

jillyfred

Re: Your Irish Passport
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2019, 12:10:35 PM »

On a serious note! :(

All this talk about `passports` I realised mine was out of date! :o

Does this make me a `Stateless Person`?

Or a `free `one!

jilly :D

HarryHippo

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2019, 03:03:31 PM »
===
HH better to stay here in our beautiful N.I.
We have it made-even the weather is getting better!

jilly

Indeed Jilly .. Thats was the point i was going to make .. who would want a passport anyway ..  who would want to leave here at any time .? ever ! ? ..  ;)
Lux Et Veritas.

Dot/dash

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2019, 05:24:01 PM »
Nowhere man will correct me if I'm wrong Dot, but he may not have been born in Ulster or the Republic of Ireland, and or may not be a resident of Ulster or the U.K., and if so the Irish passport fees may differ between U.K. residents and citizens/subjects, and overseas resident U.K. nationals,... and between overseas residents who weren't born in Ireland or the U.K. but who are entitled to an Irish passport by descent from an Irish born ancestor.

There are a lot of variable factors involved both in rights to apply for and hold a particular passport, whether a British or an Irish passport, and with the consular assistance that will be provided and or accepted if needed, in a particular visited country, depending on which passport was used to enter that country,... and in the case of Irish nationals who apply for and hold a British passport, whether they hold and are listed in their British passport as having British subject or British citizen status.
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,74925.msg2096947.html#msg2096947

The Ulster born and resident woman and her American born husband, who are both resident in Derry/Londonderry/ Doare,... have found that out and are now in legal dispute with the British government about their situation.
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,74925.msg2096902.html#msg2096902

aha now this post explains that which has baffled me       .     thank you JJ   
love me          love my gelding     

James James

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2019, 05:01:16 AM »
Irish Passport Service on Twitter              https://twitter.com/PassportIRL

Dot/dash

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2019, 09:57:21 AM »
Ah yes dual citizenship. How many supporters of Sinn Fein / IRA are going to obtain a British passport in order to give them dual citizenship ?  :)

:D
love me          love my gelding     

GEMMA

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2019, 11:09:29 AM »
I see they are giving them to any old Seamus, Mick or Mohammad. ::)

https://www.thejournal.ie/interview-isis-fighter-ireland-1930654-Feb2015/

misssmyth1

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »
Don't panic folks !!   wait to see what happens its all hearsay/hype by the Media once again  at the present time .  having an Irish passport while the 'troubles' were going  on was a big problem for a friend of mine  (both living in London ) each  time we went abroad she got stopped every single time even going to France on a day trip. i just sailed through on my British one  N.I.  different times have different problems

jillyfred

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2019, 02:44:32 PM »

Perhaps its a question of Identity or perhaps more convenience.

In my immediate family they hold Irish,British,American,Australian and Italian and 
and some of them are entitled to all.

One is enough for me-I am waiting to renew it when it once again becomes `British`without
the EU bit!
jilly :D

MargaretS

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2019, 04:09:16 PM »
I see they are giving them to any old Seamus, Mick or Mohammad. ::)

https://www.thejournal.ie/interview-isis-fighter-ireland-1930654-Feb2015/

Have you got yours yet
Everybody wants one ;)
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

MargaretS

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2019, 04:28:43 PM »
Ah yes dual citizenship. How many supporters of Sinn Fein / IRA are going to obtain a British passport in order to give them dual citizenship ?  :)

Ah yes dual citizenship.how many supporters of Dup/Uda are going to obtain a Irish passport in
Order to give them dual citizenship :)
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

misssmyth1

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2019, 05:51:48 PM »
It is all about convenience for me . passport wise.. whichever one gets me through passport control with least problems. but I do  understand  for many people it is important and  how they feel re; their identity nationality etc 

JackM

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2019, 07:35:56 PM »
Ah yes dual citizenship.how many supporters of Dup/Uda are going to obtain a Irish passport in
Order to give them dual citizenship :)

Apparently several members of the DUP have one (cant think why ?) and apparently some high ranking loyalist ex paramilitaries have one. But I wonder how many Sinn Fein / IRA members have a British one, or even admit to it.  ::)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

James James

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2019, 05:02:42 AM »