Author Topic: Moira couple win 115m Euromillions Jackpot !!  (Read 851 times)

stickleback

Moira couple win 115m Euromillions Jackpot !!
« on: January 04, 2019, 11:08:09 AM »

They seem like a nice couple but already they've made that terrible error of going public.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46756469

The champagne reception at The Culloden Hotel is underway as we speak.

stickleback

Re: Moira couple win 115m Euromillions Jackpot !!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »

They've now gone on record as saying they'll give millions away to those they love and have drawn up a list of 50 already.

This is the 2nd disastrous mistake they've made.

Now anyone who vaguely knows them is expecting a windfall.

It goes downhill from here.

It will be ' I've known him for thirty years and never got a penny' or ' I got 20k and the neighbour got 50k '.

Utter madness.

What you do is, you go on holiday for a month, then return and if you are going to upscale ( as anyone with 115m would, I hope) you tell the locals you won 3m on the lottery. You have sorted out the family. That way you can keep the mates you had ( if you want to) and give fifty grand to each and everyone is grateful. Life goes on.

Instead, they've gone public and it's more like ' I've known him since we were kids and all I got was 20k'

misssmyth1

Re: Moira couple win 115m Euromillions Jackpot !!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 05:11:54 PM »
They do seem a lovely couple very sincere but  very naive .  I agree with what you are all saying .i would never ever go public with the news   and think what good  could be done  anonymously charity good causes wise  and when all the fuss dies down in a while  we could help people .eg:  pay off mortgages for them give them an income  for life or a lump sum  take the burden off big time for those we care for. it would still be a minefield and how to explain how much we had won without giving the exact amount .i would have to think long and hard about the whole thing but I would hope to enjoy my luck so that's why I would stay anon for a while to work it all out   I had dinner at the Culloden  years ago  it was O k   i've had better didn't live up to its hype    We objected to the waiter calling us 'You guys '..  we were old enough to be his granny and granda!  some respect pleeeeze  ..