Author Topic: Moving to Belfast  (Read 919 times)

Nowhere man

Re: Moving to Belfast
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 09:33:07 AM »
Hello everyone, first post on the forum-hope you are all well.
I need some advice, our family of 5 (with 3 kids aged 17/15/12) is planning to move to Belfast by the end of summer 2019: we would like to rent in a family area close to grammar schools and I was looking for tips. We would initially rent and when we are settled start looking around to buy.  I am told that the Holywood and Stormont areas are very nice and close to city centre (the kids are not hugely pro moving but I'm sure I can sway them if I promise entertainment on our doorstep and public transport for their independence!).  We currently live in rural Kent, my husband is from Enniskillen and I'm Italian, so a good mix :)
Thank you everyone in advance for your input, greatly appreciated x

Hi Isabella,

I moved here with the wife over four years ago from London. Holywood and Stormont areas are very nice, near Cherryvalley is as well: Kings Road, streets off the Gilnahirk Road etc. Nice walks, Dundonald multiplex down the road, decent schools and a bus into town (3 miles from city centre). Itís hard to buy in the area as itís sort after but thatís probably no different to Kent!
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Already Taken.

stickleback

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 07:01:33 PM »

Out of interest: Which property sites are you viewing ?

tours

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 04:26:29 PM »
I moved to Kent in 1970 and lived there for eight years.  When I moved back to Belfast I was amazed how people just got on with their lives in the midst of the ongoing troubles at that time.  Fortunately things have changed and most people have moved on and are enjoying the same living and recreational facilities as any where else in the civilised world.  There are still a few old vociferous sectarian junkies out there - you have probably noticed one or two on this forum.  Don't let them put you off  - they will eventually go the same way as the Dinosaur.  Yes - the Holywood and Stormont areas are a good choice.
Ironic post. Lol