Author Topic: Searching for information about my grandma  (Read 1705 times)

CMcG

Re: Searching for information about my grandma
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 04:17:06 AM »
Does this relate to your query?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=679098.0

If so, then the O'Neill in question was born illegitimately to Mary O'Neill in Ballyclare County Antrim...

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1913/01455/1594129.pdf

The marriage mentioned in the 'rootschat' link above is the only one I have been able to find for a Sidney Patterson to an O'Neill.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Louise goffin-thorogood

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 09:14:09 AM »
This is it!!! Oops I think I was on the wrong road earlier but Iím positive this is my grandma!! Iím really cannot thank you all enough for helping me with this I really couldnít have found this out without you!! I will try and contact the lady in blofield who is possibly a relative!! 🤗🤗🤗 thank you again.. louise 😊🙏🙏

Bread Basket

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 10:10:23 AM »
This is it!!! Oops I think I was on the wrong road earlier but Iím positive this is my grandma!! Iím really cannot thank you all enough for helping me with this I really couldnít have found this out without you!! I will try and contact the lady in blofield who is possibly a relative!! 🤗🤗🤗 thank you again.. louise 😊🙏🙏
Good morning Louise. There you go, a few days with the Forum and you have unearthed a big part of your family.

CMcG... do you ever sleep? 😜. Once again excellent work. I donít think you no longer PM and I can understand that but iíd Love to have your ear re the St Patrickís baptisms etc, are there online records that I do not know about. I usually use the Catholic Parish Registers but they do not cover the dates in the early 1900ís.
Also had difficulty finding James OíNeill slater on the 1901 Census.
Anyway what you turned up is great news for Louise. Would like to hear from you if your free

Louise goffin-thorogood

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 10:35:38 AM »
CMMcC I was also wondering if you sleep?? You are obviously hugely dedicated to your work and I really do admire that!! Itís like being a detective!!! 🧐🧐🧐 thank you muchly 🙏🙏🙏

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »

iíd Love to have your ear re the St Patrickís baptisms etc, are there online records that I do not know about. I usually use the Catholic Parish Registers but they do not cover the dates in the early 1900ís.
BB I think maybe CMcG is using the Church records available here https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/  ... beware   can cause severe eye damage!!  :D

Bread Basket

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »
BB I think maybe CMcG is using the Church records available here https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/  ... beware   can cause severe eye damage!!  :D
Iím already damaged 🤫

oneilln

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »
This is my family!!! I was so surprised to find this on line I just registered with Belfast Forum so I could reply. The O'Neills of 22 Spamount Street are my family. James was my grandfather, he died in the Easter Blitz digging out Trinity Church the next day when an unexploded bomb went off. Wilhelmina (Mina) left for Canada in the 1920s and settled in New York in the 1930s. I have copies of her transatlantic passenger record and Canada-US border crossing and her addresses in Manhattan and The Bronx. Her address on her immigration papers is 22 Spamount Street. I realise the questioner was looking into a different Matilda O'Neill line, but I can confirm everything else you posted here. Jane Cushnahan-O'Neill was my granny and she died in 1982. The O'Neills were still living in Spamount Street in the 1980s, I remember my uncle who died last year aged 90 pointing out Matilda (Tilly) and saying that she was my great aunt. Seems the family became estranged. William, my great-grandfather was an Orangeman and possibly RBP, but he married a catholic, and although the kids are listed as CoI they were buried in Catholic cemeteries. Go figure!