Author Topic: Newspaper searchs  (Read 331 times)

mrsh

Newspaper searchs
« on: February 28, 2019, 09:38:29 PM »
Looking to look at newspaper searchs for around about 80 years ago what was names of local papers
Show me the man who does not love the land where he was born

Bread Basket

Re: Newspaper searchs
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 08:32:02 AM »
Looking to look at newspaper searchs for around about 80 years ago what was names of local papers

Which area are you hoping to research, eg Belfast, Co Antrim, Co Down, Ballymena????
https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1930-01-01/1939-12-31?retrievecountrycounts=false&sortorder=dayearly&country=ireland

This is just some of the papers available.
If you are in Belfast then my advice is to go to the Newspaper Library in Library St. The staff are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. You can photograph some of the material or you can pay to have scans of pages etc.
Good luck

mrsh

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 12:47:14 PM »
Bread basket thank you very much for reply ,I will try and get there soon
Show me the man who does not love the land where he was born

wb54

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »
Hi mrsh,
                      Have use the library a few times and found lots of stuff.
                      There could be other stories about family members.
                       Remember itís thing that happened when they where alive.
                       One of my dads side stole a horse and trap, got two months jail.

Take a memory stick so to down load your search.
                        Good luck.      Billy.

Seasons

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 06:17:50 PM »
Which area are you hoping to research, eg Belfast, Co Antrim, Co Down, Ballymena? ???
https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1930-01-01/1939-12-31?retrievecountrycounts=false&sortorder=dayearly&country=ireland

This is just some of the papers available.
If you are in Belfast then my advice is to go to the Newspaper Library in Library St. The staff are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. You can photograph some of the material or you can pay to have scans of pages etc.
Good luck

Bread Basket.

This was just the information I needed to continue my search - I visited the library today! wow! what a great little place and staff all so friendly and more than happy to help with searches.. I'm hoping it will throw up the answer to a vital question my search is stuck in.. Many thanks again for this signposting.  Seasons