Author Topic: Knockbreda Cemetery  (Read 419 times)

DeeDee77

Knockbreda Cemetery
« on: March 01, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
Anyone here ever have the opportunity to make it to Knockbreda Cemetery? I am looking for someone to snap a photo of a gravestone. I have the plot number and can provide more information if needed.
After extensive research, I have discovered that my grandfather is buried there in a family plot with his parents. He passed when my mother was very young and she has never seen the grave (moved to Canada shortly after he passed). I would love to give her this wonderful gift.

sam barry

Re: Knockbreda Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:08:02 PM »
May be a long shot,if you have the name, could you try "Find a Grave" or maybe you have tried those sites ?   

DeeDee77

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »
Oh yes, I've tried them all.
No luck.
Wonderful person at Belfast City Council was able to confirm the grave is there, but there are no photos of it as far as I can find. :(

CMcG

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:50:37 PM »
Can have a try for you in the next fortnight or so (have sent you a pm), anyone else reading who can maybe sort this out before that, feel free.  :)

DeeDee77

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:57:33 PM »
Seasons, I have PM'd you.
Thank you, everyone.  ;)

DeeDee77

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »
To all the wonderful forum members that have offered their help. Thank you so very much.

I am crying as I write this.

One forum member was able to locate the grave. There are not enough 'thank you's' I can send you, Seasons. You have given my mum (and our family) the most wonderful gift.
God Bless

CMcG

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 04:18:35 PM »
That's a great result, happy to hear it and kudos to Seasons.  :)

Seasons

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 04:46:10 PM »
More than happy to help DeeDee  :-* I love it when we can get answers to our searches it brings about another little bit of peace to our souls.

Hope your well CMcG  :)