Author Topic: Knockbreda Cemetery  (Read 679 times)

DeeDee77

Knockbreda Cemetery
« on: March 01, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
Anyone here ever have the opportunity to make it to Knockbreda Cemetery? I am looking for someone to snap a photo of a gravestone. I have the plot number and can provide more information if needed.
After extensive research, I have discovered that my grandfather is buried there in a family plot with his parents. He passed when my mother was very young and she has never seen the grave (moved to Canada shortly after he passed). I would love to give her this wonderful gift.

sam barry

Re: Knockbreda Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:08:02 PM »
May be a long shot,if you have the name, could you try "Find a Grave" or maybe you have tried those sites ?   

DeeDee77

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »
Oh yes, I've tried them all.
No luck.
Wonderful person at Belfast City Council was able to confirm the grave is there, but there are no photos of it as far as I can find. :(

CMcG

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:50:37 PM »
Can have a try for you in the next fortnight or so (have sent you a pm), anyone else reading who can maybe sort this out before that, feel free.  :)

DeeDee77

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:57:33 PM »
Seasons, I have PM'd you.
Thank you, everyone.  ;)

DeeDee77

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »
To all the wonderful forum members that have offered their help. Thank you so very much.

I am crying as I write this.

One forum member was able to locate the grave. There are not enough 'thank you's' I can send you, Seasons. You have given my mum (and our family) the most wonderful gift.
God Bless

CMcG

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 04:18:35 PM »
That's a great result, happy to hear it and kudos to Seasons.  :)

Seasons

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 04:46:10 PM »
More than happy to help DeeDee  :-* I love it when we can get answers to our searches it brings about another little bit of peace to our souls.

Hope your well CMcG  :)

moorsy

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 12:12:54 AM »
I have three generation of family buried in knockbreda and was able to visit in 2009. Since then my mother has also been laid to rest there.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.