Author Topic: Looking to know If someone would know who I am talking about.  (Read 947 times)

CiárnaBrighíd

Hi, I'm just new to this and had been reading before I opened an account. I'm looking for some info and am hoping someone ould put me into the right direction.
I know a guy called Tony Meli. He had a chip shop and lived on the Springfield road. Many years ago he lost his arm through a bomb and had lost an eye elso. The last time I remember being in touch with Tony Meli was in 1984. He used to come and visit me and friends in Craigavon. Tony had a s sister called Elaine Meli, Tina and a brother called Roberto. Elaine had a son called Stephen. I'm interested inparticualr of Tony Meli. I'd love to get in touch with him in some way if I could and I'm just wondering would any of you out there know who I am talking about.
I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum. If not, please feel free to move it Thanks.  :)
Stormount should be closed down and reopened it as an old people’s home! Makes more sense! 🙂

CiárnaBrighíd

Re: Looking to know If someone would know who I am talking about.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »
Nobody know who I am talking about then?  ???
Stormount should be closed down and reopened it as an old people’s home! Makes more sense! 🙂

CiárnaBrighíd

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:21:16 PM »
Hello, I just want to thank IDugan for your message. I tried to reply but got an error message saying I wasn’t allowed  :(  LoL. Don’t know what I did to be blocked from sending messages. I found Tina on Facebook and have sent her a message. Just waiting on a reply now but her Facebook seems dead as she was last on I think in 2018.
I have a personal photo of Tony Meli and myself and have often thought about him. I know Elaine as well as well as her son and I remember elaine’s Father. He had a motorbike and came to visit us in Craigavon back in the 1980’s.

Thank you again for your message. 🙂

ldugan

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:26:25 PM »
Hello, I just want to thank IDugan for your message. I tried to reply but got an error message saying I wasn’t allowed  :(  LoL. Don’t know what I did to be blocked from sending messages. I found Tina on Facebook and have sent her a message. Just waiting on a reply now but her Facebook seems dead as she was last on I think in 2018.
I have a personal photo of Tony Meli and myself and have often thought about him. I know Elaine as well as well as her son and I remember elaine’s Father. He had a motorbike and came to visit us in Craigavon back in the 1980’s.

You are welcome CiarnaBrighid, hopefully Tina will get back to you.
Good luck  :)

Bigali

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:35:08 AM »

Hi , the reason you weren’t able to send a PM is because you are a new member and have to have a certain number of posts (can’t remember how many) before you send any , hope this explains  :)
Support Soldier F

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

CiárnaBrighíd

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 08:13:15 AM »
Ahhh, okay Bigali, many thanks for letting me know.... for a second I thought I had committed some kind of crime on the site. LoL.
Thanks.  - i’m Not originally from Belfast but I do remember the Meli’s From the Springfield road as I previously said.
Oh, and I love the Clonard chapel. I went there last year I. June and loved it!

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 09:49:57 AM »
Cairn if you print tony meli belfast there's a few stories about Melissa that come up.

ldugan

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »
Hi CiarnaBrighid, found out today that Elaine is on facebook under Elaine Ferry.
Hopefully you can get in touch with her.  :)

CiárnaBrighíd

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 04:34:51 AM »
Cairn if you print tony meli belfast there's a few stories about Melissa that come up.

Oh, Jimmy Patterson, now where do I type Tony Melli and Melissa?

CiárnaBrighíd

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 04:37:47 AM »
Hi CiarnaBrighid, found out today that Elaine is on facebook under Elaine Ferry.
Hopefully you can get in touch with her.  :)

Idugan. .I did that but can’t find the Elaine that i’m Looking for though. No profile pictures or no posts from anyone who I know or remember.

ldugan

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 08:42:51 AM »
Idugan. .I did that but can’t find the Elaine that i’m Looking for though. No profile pictures or no posts from anyone who I know or remember.
CiarnaBrighid, her profile photo is off two children,it says Neath Port Tabolt College under her name.

CiárnaBrighíd

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 07:47:05 PM »
CiarnaBrighid, her profile photo is off two children,it says Neath Port Tabolt College under her name.

Thanks Idugan....I found her and sent her a personal message on messenger. Thanks very much for help. I really appreciate it. Just waiting on her to contact me which I hope she does. 🙂 thanks again! 🙂

ldugan

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 08:05:00 PM »
Thanks Idugan....I found her and sent her a personal message on messenger. Thanks very much for help. I really appreciate it. Just waiting on her to contact me which I hope she does. 🙂 thanks again! 🙂

Glad you found her, hopefully her or Tina get back to you. :)

CiárnaBrighíd

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 05:32:56 AM »
Glad you found her, hopefully her or Tina get back to you. :)

Tony Meli & Myself   (hope this works)

CiárnaBrighíd

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 05:37:28 AM »
Oh [censored], it did it! I’m surprised, LoL...

Someone said if I print Tony Meli and Melissa a few stories will come up. .where do I write that? You don’t mean in the google tab on this site, do you because I did that and nothing came up of what I was looking for.