Author Topic: Death notice for Ernest Topping, 6 July 2003.  (Read 307 times)

wb54

Death notice for Ernest Topping, 6 July 2003.
« on: March 06, 2019, 11:07:12 AM »
 Hi everyone,
                     Could someone please do a look up for any death notices on
                                     Ernest Topping  who died 6 July 2003.
                      He is the only one buried in the plot. Sorry I donít have anything
                       else to go on just his name.

Many thanks for any help.
                                               Billy.

Deemc

Re: Death notice for Ernest Topping, 6 July 2003.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »
wb54, Was he originally from Cork?

wb54

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 07:59:10 PM »
Hi Deemc,
                   Many thanks for your reply, Iam not sure where he is from.
                   Lily Topping, nee Whiteside died in October 1971 age 53.
                   The last address gives Holywood[size=78%] .She is buried with her Father and Mother.[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]                       The death notice I found for Lily, gives her husband as Ernest Topping. [/size]
[size=78%]                       He is still living 1971.   The only Ernest I came across died in 2003.[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]                        I was hoping he could have been a son of Lily & Ernest living in Belfast.[/size]
[size=78%]                         Of course Lilyís husband could be somewhere in Holywood.[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]                         Again many thanks for your help. [/size]
[size=78%]                                                                                   Billy.[/size]

CMcG

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »

... Sorry I donít have anything
                       else to go on just his name.

His father's name/occupation may be recorded in the Topping-Whiteside marriage registration, which GRONI has online (registered in Belfast in 1941).

A local marriage notice of 23 March 1968 said 'Mr. Robert Anderson and Miss Unity Topping married in Donegall Street Congregational Church. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. S. Anderson, 5 Hillsborough Drive, Belfast, and the bride, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. E. M. Topping, 67 Jackson's Road, Holywood'. A 1971 death notice for Lily Topping mentioned 'sorrowing Daughter and Son-in-law, Unity, Robert and Grandson Aaron'.

The 1951 Belfast street directory on the Lennon Wylie website shows an Ernest M. Topping at 139 Donegall Pass with an occupation of engineer.

An Ernest Moore Topping was born on 3 March 1917 to parents Thomas Topping (a fitter) and Jane Davison Black of 127 Spamount Street, if the 1941 Topping-Whiteside marriage registration names the groom's father as Thomas (fitter/engineer or similar), then a possibility?

wb54

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:54:47 PM »

hi CMcG,   

Many thanks for all that info on Lily and Ernest, I was stuck with just the death notice.
                    will be able to add him next Lily on the family tree.   Will have a good look at the other
                    names you give me and try and see what I find.         Again many thanks,
                                                                                                Billy.