Author Topic: Ida May Gamble/Dunn  (Read 420 times)

joyceullapool

Ida May Gamble/Dunn
« on: March 09, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
It is a while since I asked for help so here goes again. Has anyone any info on Ida May Dunn, nee Gamble, born Newtonards, 1904. Her daughter was born in 1935, possibly to David M Kelly and given away for adoption the same year. I am trying to find info for the daughter who has a disability and unable to trace anything of her mother. Any help much appreciated

CMcG

Re: Ida May Gamble/Dunn
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 11:18:46 AM »

I haven't been able to read all of the online research folk have done on this due to the sheer amount of it, so I don't have a handle on what you know and what you don't.  There is a 1931 newspaper story that sets out the context of the break down in relationship with Andrew Cecil Dunn and resulting determination of desertion and implementation of a maintenance order, if you don't already have this, I can provide it. If you do already have it, were there any leads in the Drains Bay reference?

CMcG

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 11:52:05 AM »
Also, when the 1929 marriage announcement mentioned Ida May as the 'only daughter of Mr. John and the late Mrs. Gamble, 80 South Street, Newark, New Jersey', was this American angle followed up?

teap

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 02:11:52 PM »
Hi All
 John Gamble married Alice Stevenson on the 24th of December 1903 his address was 69 Southport Street North Belfast, hers was 30 Yarrow Street (of Crumlin road North Belfast) His father was also named John and hers was James Stevenson a Gardener.

Ida May was born on the 17th of December at 30 Yarrow Street North Belfast and not Newtownards as you thought.

Alice Gamble died From TB aged 27 on the 6th of October 1906 at Byron Place Holywood her brother Richard Stevenson was present at death . 

Colette

joyceullapool

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 12:37:05 PM »
Hello Collette,
May I ask how you found the address where Ida May was born. Living in England, I am not sure how to access many of your Irish records.
Thank you,
Joyce

teap

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »

joyceullapool

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »
Thank you Colette. I found her birth but there was no mention of an address. Please be patient. I am 71 and has was taught at school with a slate and chalk not an I pad. We are running out of time as Ida's daughter is 83 and has Parkinson's. She would dearly love to know what happened to her mother after she gave her up for adoption but Ida is nowhere to be found. Many thanks for your help so far.
Regards,
Joyce

teap

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 08:43:14 PM »
Joyce see when you put the details in and then you get the page that gives you the details? well look closely and you'll see the word IMAGE click on that and it will take you to the original birth register and you will get all her details, let me know if you manage.

Colette

joyceullapool

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 08:25:01 AM »
Thanks, Colette, but when I went into the civil records section I could not see any "image" notification. I then tried church records but she is not on there.
Do you have to register as a user? I did put my name in when requested.
Joyce

sam barry

joyceullapool

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 12:54:20 PM »
Thank you. Have already been given this site but only info is Ida' birth. We need to know her whereabouts after 1935 when she gave her daughter up for adoption.
Thanks again,
Joyce