Author Topic: How cozy  (Read 539 times)

White dee

How cozy
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:31:52 PM »
Love all, trust few, everything is real but,
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

James James

Re: How cozy
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:50:27 AM »

tours

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 01:11:33 AM »
Mary Lou Mc Donald.
Dear God. Jesus wept

IrishDigger

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:13:26 AM »
An Garda Síochána appointed their new chief from outside the organisation and I recall they also appointed a senior officer from the Boston Police, maybe the PSNI should do the same and recruit from outside the PSNI.

Bigali

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 06:21:03 AM »
An Garda Síochána appointed their new chief from outside the organisation and I recall they also appointed a senior officer from the Boston Police, maybe the PSNI should do the same and recruit from outside the PSNI.

Eemmm, the first two Chief Constables , Sir Hugh Orde and Sir Matt Baggott were from outside the PSNI .
Support Soldier F

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

IrishDigger

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 11:25:01 AM »

Eemmm, the first two Chief Constables , Sir Hugh Orde and Sir Matt Baggott were from outside the PSNI .

I am aware of the history of your previous Inspector Generals/Chief Constables; I was referring to the appointment of a replacement for the current Chief Constable.

Bigali

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 11:33:14 AM »
As someone who hasn’t lived here for years what is your objection to a member of the PSNI becoming Chief Constable and why do you think policing here would be better served by someone from outside , bearing in mind that the criteria for appointing Chief Officers to AGS does not necessarily apply to policing in the UK. ?

By the way , there hasn’t been an Inspector General in charge of policing in Northern Ireland since 1970 .
Support Soldier F

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

White dee

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 01:27:39 PM »
As someone who hasn’t lived here for years what is your objection to a member of the PSNI becoming Chief Constable and why do you think policing here would be better served by someone from outside , bearing in mind that the criteria for appointing Chief Officers to AGS does not necessarily apply to policing in the UK. ?

By the way , there hasn’t been an Inspector General in charge of policing in Northern Ireland since 1970 .

Now now Ali, for someone who does live in N/Ire your not exactly up to speed yourself,

northernirelandnews/2019/01/29/news/no-serving-psni-officers-eligible-for-the-post-of-chief-constable-1538374/
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

Bigali

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:42 PM »
Now now Ali, for someone who does live

???
Support Soldier F

Billy Fish

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 07:33:43 PM »
Just a pity wee Mary Lou put both feet in it, the other week.
Support Soldier F

ldugan

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 08:07:13 PM »
Now now Ali, for someone who does live in N/Ire your not exactly up to speed yourself,

northernirelandnews/2019/01/29/news/no-serving-psni-officers-eligible-for-the-post-of-chief-constable-1538374/
[/quote
An ex PSNI Officer is Head of the Garda Siochana, there could be an ex Garda Siochana as Chief Constable if one of the candidates is successful.

HarryHippo

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:39 PM »

-- :o
Lux Et Veritas

James James

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 02:31:38 AM »
Makes sense,... I suspected that one of the reasons that the recently former Deputy Chief Constable of the PSNI was recently appointed as Chief Constable of the Garda was to help to further and reinforce the already existing good professional relationship and cooperation between the two forces, and particularly so in view of the current unpredictability and future uncertainty of the border situation.

It sure might make for some interesting local reactions among the members of the public in Belfast.  :)

Bigali

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 11:33:18 PM »

Apparently I’m not getting an answer to this question.
Support Soldier F

White dee

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 11:44:22 PM »
Apparently I’m not getting an answer to this question.

No pulling the wool over your eyes  ;)
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha