Author Topic: Grave finding  (Read 571 times)

mrsh

Grave finding
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:59:23 PM »
Now if I have the date around about when my great grandfather died if I take it to office in milltown can they tell me where he is buried or do I have to go to proni
Show me the man who does not love the land where he was born

teap

Re: Grave finding
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 01:02:22 PM »
You go to.the office in mill town give them the details and they'll tell you there and then, or you can ring the office.

Colette

mrsh

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 01:07:01 PM »
 :) Thanks a lot maybe give them a ring first ,would have to wait until weekend to go as I'm really afraid of going on my own you hear so many stories and to think I was there twice a week ,changed times ,

teap

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 01:10:41 PM »
have you his exact date of death?
Mill town is grand during the day I've been down a few times 😊

mrsh

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 10:20:00 PM »
Thank you  for your reply yes he was born 8th Nov 1878 then died the age of forty ,but that part is mixed up,in the death register it says he died 1897 ,but if he died at age 40 that would be 1918 ,my goodness so mixed up .

teap

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 12:36:09 AM »
I'm mixed up now 😂 ok now was your grt Granda Charles Davey husband of Rose Anne McQuillan?

mrsh

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 08:22:54 AM »
Yes teap that is the same one ,I have birth certificate and death certificate but on death cert it says he died in his 40th year but birth cert says 8th Nov 1878  death cert says 4th oct 1897 ,but sue if he was 40 when he died that would have brought him till 1918 ,there is mix up somewhere ,he did have a baby died in 1897 ,

mrsh

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 08:25:39 AM »
Yes teap that is the same one ,I have birth certificate and death certificate but on death cert it says he died in his 40th year but birth cert says 8th Nov 1878  death cert says 4th oct 1897 ,but sue if he was 40 when he died that would have brought him till 1918 ,there is mix up somewhere ,he did have a baby died in 1897 ,so I would say definitely 1918 would be when he died because when he died one child was just 6years old

teap

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 12:27:01 PM »
your great grand father was Charles who married Rose Ann McQuillin, 25th December 1877 he was 25 making him born around 1852.

Their son Charles was born 1878 and married Julia Mullan in 1902 it's this one you're looking for  :D  got you now

Colette

mrsh

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 12:38:18 PM »
TEAP just back from milltown and got infro on great grandfather grave ,no headstone but got print out of who is in grave ,it still says he was buried 1897 age 40 ,but must be mix up on his birth records ,it's the same address and also his wife's name ,but sure that would have made him to young .just all a mystery ,but sure as long as I found his grave they is two more in the grave a Kate and a loughlin he did have daughter named Catherine so she may be the Kate but sure it says she was 31 ,but thanks for replying anyway  going to look at 1901 census .just read your post yes my great grandfather was married to Roseanne  so that is his grave ,maybe the Kate was a daughter in law oh I don't know going to make cup of tea to try work it all out lol girl in office told me there was already search done on this grave ,

teap

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »
its enough to drive you to drink
 :o

teap

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 01:59:03 PM »
TEAP just back from milltown and got infro on great grandfather grave ,no headstone but got print out of who is in grave ,it still says he was buried 1897 age 40 ,but must be mix up on his birth records ,it's the same address and also his wife's name ,but sure that would have made him to young .just all a mystery ,but sure as long as I found his grave they is two more in the grave a Kate and a loughlin he did have daughter named Catherine so she may be the Kate but sure it says she was 31 ,but thanks for replying anyway  going to look at 1901 census .just read your post yes my great grandfather was married to Roseanne  so that is his grave ,maybe the Kate was a daughter in law oh I don't know going to make cup of tea to try work it all out lol girl in office told me there was already search done on this grave ,

Your Great grand father Charles husband of Rose Ann would have been around 45 in 1897 if he was 25 in 1877 when he married... Now his son Charles husband of Julia Mullan.was born 1878 don't be getting the 2 Charles mixed up

mrsh

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 03:13:25 PM »
Colette your right that  sounds correct and I did know where my granny and grandmother was buried ,and looking over these papers the great grandfather was buried by his son Thomas he's done as lease holder of the grave .but there's is also a loughlin Davey was buried a week later and his age is 30 and he died in the union hospital where ever that was .

mrsh

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 03:16:41 PM »
Colette your right that  sounds correct and I did know where my granny and grandmother was buried ,and looking over these papers the great grandfather was buried by his son Thomas he's done as lease holder of the grave .but there's is also a loughlin Davey was buried a week later and his age is 30 and he died in the union hospital where ever that was .
would, not like to be doing this every day your right would need a bottle of gin lol

teap

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 03:34:58 PM »

The union was the workhouse hospital 51 Lisburn road, now the city hospital..
When I was checking on line for your Daveys I came across a couple of Loughlins so they must all be related

There's a Loughlin Davey from 1 unity street who married Bridelia Feeney 19th August 1905 his father was Charles a butcher.