Author Topic: The " POOR" Street People, FLY IN from Europe !!!..  (Read 885 times)

BLOOMFIELD

The " POOR" Street People, FLY IN from Europe !!!..
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »

Gangs fly in and out of Northern Ireland on ‘street begging shifts’ - judge issues warning as woman jailed

Applying for bail, defence solicitor George Copeland said the defendant had no passport but had a visa visiting card which entitled her to travel from Romania to any EU country.
"She instructs that she flew in from Bucharest to Dublin six weeks ago and that she has been living on the streets of Dublin, Belfast and Derry since then.
"She was arrested as she walked through the check-out area while she was speaking on her mobile phone to her children in Romania and she forgot to pay for the vodka", he said.

Mr McElholm said the defendant had similar convictions dating back to last December, yet said she only arrived here six weeks ago

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/gangs-fly-in-and-out-of-northern-ireland-on-street-begging-shifts-judge-issues-warning-as-woman-jailed-37949414.html
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

HarryHippo

Re: The " POOR" Street People, FLY IN from Europe !!!..
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 11:04:35 PM »

Gangs fly in and out of Northern Ireland on ‘street begging shifts’ - judge issues warning as woman jailed

Applying for bail, defence solicitor George Copeland said the defendant had no passport but had a visa visiting card which entitled her to travel from Romania to any EU country.
"She instructs that she flew in from Bucharest to Dublin six weeks ago and that she has been living on the streets of Dublin, Belfast and Derry since then.
"She was arrested as she walked through the check-out area while she was speaking on her mobile phone to her children in Romania and she forgot to pay for the vodka", he said.

Mr McElholm said the defendant had similar convictions dating back to last December, yet said she only arrived here six weeks ago

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/gangs-fly-in-and-out-of-northern-ireland-on-street-begging-shifts-judge-issues-warning-as-woman-jailed-37949414.html

>:D       ;)

Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

stickleback

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:08:58 AM »

Why so shocked ? If muppets keep giving money to em of course they're gonna come and make occasional flights back home. They'll be earning a lot more on the street than most of us do.

Oh shock, horror. Apparently I'm not meant to tell the truth.

Bigali

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:22:51 AM »
As I said on a previous thread , time for the UK to start following the example of Italy and Germany.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

JackM

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »
Yes indeed, these `professional beggars` must be deported instantly.   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

jillyfred

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 01:10:30 PM »
Agree Ali 100%.

In my own town I have seen these people sitting in the streets outside shops -sometimes
holding a small baby-or a little toddler sat beside them-all day-horrendous.

Then immaculate 4 x 4`s picking them up in one of the Carparks at 5.30 pm.
Its always women sitting there all day-but its men picking them up.

I don`t know whether these women are `slaves`or if they are the fly in ones-but whichever
it is-this has to be stopped.

These men simply take the UK people for a `ride`.
Its hard not to give the women-sitting on a cold pavement from 9 am until 5.30 pm.

I suppose I can afford the £1 -but there again-many of our own would need that £1 but
they are not on the streets of my town.

jilly

Bigali

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 01:17:43 PM »
There used to be always a couple of theses Eastern European women hanging around the ATM at Danske Bank beside the Knock Lights selling a magazine called Belfast Issue , the supposed idea being you gave a donation , say £1 and you got a copy of the mag . One day as I was going to the bank, I must have taken an attack of the vapours or something , but I went to give this woman a £2 coin in exchange for the magazine , she went to grab the coin but refused to give me a mag , turns out she only had one mag which was for show , needless to say the £2 went back into my pocket and thankfully I’ve never had the vapours since.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

jillyfred

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 01:35:18 PM »
I do think they are really geared to thinking we are an easy target.
In a way that`s very sad as it is making us very suspicious now of who is collecting for what.

A normal person`s reaction is to give money when faced with people either collecting or begging.
How terribly sad if now we have to face up to the fact they are far from legitimate and have to
stop giving-and that means genuine cases are penalised.

jilly

syriana

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 07:33:04 PM »
There used to be always a couple of theses Eastern European women hanging around the ATM at Danske Bank beside the Knock Lights selling a magazine called Belfast Issue , the supposed idea being you gave a donation , say £1 and you got a copy of the mag . One day as I was going to the bank, I must have taken an attack of the vapours or something , but I went to give this woman a £2 coin in exchange for the magazine , she went to grab the coin but refused to give me a mag , turns out she only had one mag which was for show , needless to say the £2 went back into my pocket and thankfully I’ve never had the vapours since.

Same thing happened to me in Bangor Main Street a while back.  I gave her the money and a tug of war followed - she wouldn't let go.  I took the cowards route and let her keep the money and the magazine rather than argue.
The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

Billy Fish

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »
As I said on a previous thread , time for the UK to start following the example of Italy and Germany.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Time to get these wasters off our streets.
Support Soldier F

syriana

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 08:19:51 PM »
I was discussing this topic with friends.  I was told that in order to claim some tax credits you must have a job and the magazine 'sellers' can register as self-employed and therefore claim the appropriate benefits.  It was just pub talk - so I'm not sure if this is 100 per cent - maybe somebody out there knows.  Belle who used to post on here would have known the answer as she worked in a DHS department.

Billy Fish

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 08:30:23 PM »
Same thing happened to me in Bangor Main Street a while back.  I gave her the money and a tug of war followed - she wouldn't let go.  I took the cowards route and let her keep the money and the magazine rather than argue.

Yes, they seem to target Main Street, Bangor. A few years ago it was the wee man outside Easons, on the accordion  who could only play one tune. People used to give him money to clear off.  :D
Support Soldier F

syriana

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 08:41:56 PM »
Yes, they seem to target Main Street, Bangor. A few years ago it was the wee man outside Easons, on the accordion  who could only play one tune. People used to give him money to clear off.  :D

I used to give him money - he murdered some good songs but he gave Main Street a good vibe.  I haven't seen him lately - hope you haven't pushed off the end of the pier  :D .

Billy Fish

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 08:52:26 PM »
I used to give him money - he murdered some good songs but he gave Main Street a good vibe.  I haven't seen him lately - hope you haven't pushed off the end of the pier  :D .

A good vibe  :o  are you serious. I know a few who would have pushed him off the end of the Pier, but they were in their 80's.  :D
Support Soldier F

White dee

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 08:55:29 PM »

For dear sake, if you have it,give it , if you don't then don't, but if you can give,then
give without looking for praise,there but for the grace of God,,,,,,,
Love all, trust few, everything is real but,
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha