Author Topic: FIFTY YEARS IN CANADA  (Read 4942 times)

moorsy

FIFTY YEARS IN CANADA
« on: April 04, 2019, 10:04:44 PM »
Can you beat that  ?   lived in Fort St. John,Winnipeg,Toronto, Oakville, Whitehorse,Vancouver,Port Moody,Gimli, now in Creston B.C.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

jackiehillis

Re: FIFTY YEARS IN CANADA
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:10:42 PM »
Can you beat that  ?   lived in Fort St. John,Winnipeg,Toronto, Oakville, Whitehorse,Vancouver,Port Moody,Gimli, now in Creston B.C.
          63 years here in Toronto and vicinity Moorsy.
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

moorsy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:18:02 PM »
Hiya Jackie,  congrats.  did you come as a wee button ?

jackiehillis

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:25:42 PM »
Hiya Jackie,  congrats.  did you come as a wee button ?
I was 10 when I came here. 1956 Moorsy.
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

moorsy

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 11:47:09 PM »
I came as a working man ::)  easy enough in those days Jackie. Up in the Peace River country of B.C.  Very little there in 1969 as far as a town,but tons of work. Now it has the highest average wage in B.C. supposely.

Its been quite a while since I talked to you.   Lived in the Metro T.O. from 83 to 2003  The " Sars " and the big Blackout sent me packing again.

jackiehillis

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 12:02:36 AM »
I came as a working man ::)  easy enough in those days Jackie. Up in the Peace River country of B.C.  Very little there in 1969 as far as a town,but tons of work. Now it has the highest average wage in B.C. supposely.

Its been quite a while since I talked to you.   Lived in the Metro T.O. from 83 to 2003  The " Sars " and the big Blackout sent me packing again.
  Moorsy, I believe you were one of the first people I ever talked to on the BF. When I went on Canada Today.

moorsy

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 12:22:41 AM »
Your probably right Jackie, I started the Canada Today thread back in 2008, or around there. Have,nt been on steady for a long time. A lot of the people in those days are all gone.

jackiehillis

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 12:47:37 AM »
Your probably right Jackie, I started the Canada Today thread back in 2008, or around there. Have,nt been on steady for a long time. A lot of the people in those days are all gone.
                     It is still going Moorsy. Some of the old members are still there. We try to keep it going.

moorsy

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »
So are you still up in Newmarket?  when I used to go there the 404 ended at ,what was it ? Davis dr.?  Used to be a timmys on the right hand side.  I guess the HWY goes passed Aurora now.

jackiehillis

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
So are you still up in Newmarket?  when I used to go there the 404 ended at ,what was it ? Davis dr.?  Used to be a timmys on the right hand side.  I guess the HWY goes passed Aurora now.
                    The 404 goes up to the Green Lane now. The north end of Newmarket. Your right it used to end at Davis Drive. Hwy 9.

urneygirl

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 09:25:50 PM »
Hi moorsy, our bobby and I have be in Canada 53 yrs, we came about 8 months after we got married  in 1967.  Tough as it was in the beginning we did the right thing, life is good  :)

We miss all the old posters who kept Canada Today lively and funny but we are still hanging on. I hope all is well with you.  :-* :-*

moorsy

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »
Hi moorsy, our bobby and I have be in Canada 53 yrs, we came about 8 months after we got married  in 1967.  Tough as it was in the beginning we did the right thing, life is good  :)

We miss all the old posters who kept Canada Today lively and funny but we are still hanging on. I hope all is well with you.  :-* :-*

Sent you another P.M.

moorsy

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 04:30:53 PM »

manitoba

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 11:08:42 PM »
Hello Moosy,
61 years arrived in To. on  March, 1958. Lived in Toronto and Winnipeg mainly, periods in Bissett Man. Ft, Erie Ont. (Kingston Ont, Petawa Ont. Gagetown NB, Edmonton, Victoria army days) still in Winnipeg.

as they say, I started out with nothing and believe it or not, I still have most of it left!

moorsy

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 05:22:40 PM »
Hello Moosy,
61 years arrived in To. on  March, 1958. Lived in Toronto and Winnipeg mainly, periods in Bissett Man. Ft, Erie Ont. (Kingston Ont, Petawa Ont. Gagetown NB, Edmonton, Victoria army days) still in Winnipeg.

as they say, I started out with nothing and believe it or not, I still have most of it left!

Nice to hear from you again, the Military does move you around. So you are back in the Peg? lived in N.Kildonan in 70s and ST. B. in 2003-05. Then Gimli till 2010 before B.C.   next move will be under the grass ::)