Author Topic: WELL,... sing if you're glad to be gay, and are a DUP political candidate !  (Read 1305 times)

JackM

Well done Sir / Madam.  :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Billy Fish

More baiting ?  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

James James

James James

Bigali

Mmmm , with a bake like thon Mr Carson has a quare nerve criticising anyone else , Iím guessing Mammy and Daddy didnít give him enough attention as a child and that he thinks his wee willie winky is just for piddling through.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Billy Fish

Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

syriana

It's not that big a deal - here in Donaghadee we have had a UUP gay councillor for years - Mark Brooks has just been re-elected topping the poll.  If he does the job well (which he does) I couldn't care less about his sexual orientation.  I watched the former DUP minister John Wells being interviewed on TV - he was apoplectic on hearing that Alison is now a DUP councillor.
The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

Bigali

It's not that big a deal - here in Donaghadee we have had a UUP gay councillor for years - Mark Brooks has just been re-elected topping the poll.  If he does the job well (which he does) I couldn't care less about his sexual orientation.  I watched the former DUP minister John Wells being interviewed on TV - he was apoplectic on hearing that Alison is now a DUP councillor.

O0

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

jillyfred

All views and opinions should be respected IMHO.
No one should be castigated because they have a different one from the P.C. Bible.

This Lady`s election success will naturally not be welcome by a very large majority of people with `traditional`gender beliefs.

Personally,if she does a good job for those she has been elected to speak for that`s the most important thing.

However,those opposed to her also are fully entitled to feel as they do-that is their right in a Democracy.

jilly

Bigali

What the problem if she drinks from the fairy cup ?

I really canít see what the problem is at all , all i would ask of my local councillors is that they do a good job for the people of the area theyíve been elected for and I certainly donít think being gay or straight is going to make one whit of difference.

Peter Sterling

I really canít see what the problem is at all , all i would ask of my local councillors is that they do a good job for the people of the area theyíve been elected for and I certainly donít think being gay or straight is going to make one whit of difference.

I agree 100%, it makes no difference at all.

Peter Sterling

If she drinks from the fairy cup, so what ?

James James

"4th may 2019"                  https://twitter.com/BBCNewsNI/status/1124650341226643457

BBC NI interview video and viewer's  comments, most of which are pretty critical of and sceptical about, Arlene and her Party's position about gay people.

Most of the commenters seem to be basically making the same point,... which is that whilst the DUP doesn't discriminate against gay membership of their Party,  which I presume would in any case be likely to be illegal if they tried to impose such membership and participation discrimination, they save their anti gay discrimination for other gay related issues.

Kind of bizarrely ironic and contradictory really,  that in a place like Ulster, it's legal for them to impose such sexual opinion personal preference motivated discrimination on the civil and legal rights of others,... and yet if they tried to impose such discrimination on others, based on the religious denomination of others, that would be hugely and unreservedly illegal. !

It's kind of like trying to ban a particular sports team, merely because they aren't fans of that sport. !