Author Topic: St Teresa's Glenn Road  (Read 324 times)

bullep04

St Teresa's Glenn Road
« on: May 07, 2019, 03:32:54 PM »
The BBC has uncovered a 6 minute piece of archive footage from 1967 in which boys and girls from St. Teresa's Primary School talked about their emotions - what made them happy and what made them sad.  I am trying to track down a Primary 6/7 pupil with red hair who told the reporter that he didn't like being called a ginger bap.  The reporter asked what "a ginger bap is" - much to the amusement of everyone.  If you were at St. Teresa's Primary school 52 years go and might be able to identify this pupil would you please get in touch with me asap and I will arrange for you to see an image of the group of children.  hanking you.  Patricia Buller

bullep04

Re: St Teresa's Glen Road
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:36:09 PM »
Sorry should read Glen Road

harrison

Re: St Teresa's Glenn Road
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 03:52:38 PM »
I attended St.Teresa's primacy school 1949 to 1959.
Majority of time then was good.Just one bad year with teacher very fond of the cane.
Father Gerry Patton has retired and returned to his home area.
We went to classes and served as alternating St.Teresa's chapel
together.Those were the days with the air raid shelters down
 In Andersonstown Park and Drive.
Alter boys.

bullep04

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 03:54:35 PM »
Thanks Harrison - if only you had been a decade later you could have maybe identified the 'ginger haired' boy.  Thanks anyway.

bullep04

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »
Hi Former pupils from St. Teresa's Primary School, Glen Road, Belfast.  I have managed to identify 7 of the 10 children interviewed by the BBC in 1967.  They include Rosemary Copeland, Stephanie Kernan, Eithne Lougheed (now Kelly) Imelda Crawford, Gerry Henvey, Stephen McCall and Tim Baxter. I'm still keen to identify the final 3 children so if you were at the school then and are curious about this wonderful footage please contact me here at BBC NI - especially if you had red hair and told the reporter you didn't like being called "a ginger bap".  Thank you. Patricia Buller