Author Topic: Another Connor Search  (Read 373 times)

Familyresearcher5000

Another Connor Search
« on: May 12, 2019, 08:41:01 AM »
If anyone can find these it'll be a miracle.

Deaths or even Marriages for the following.

Margaret Connor (Mary) 1897 Drumnadragh
William John Connor 1889 TullyBallyDonnell
Francis Connor 1904 Drumnadragh
Margaret Connor (Mary) 1864 TullyBallyDonnell.

Any assistance fully appreciated.

JimG

Re: Another Connor Search
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 09:57:37 AM »
first reaction is geography and then religion
Drumadragh is a townland in Coleraine Civil Parish
Notes in the 1911 census not obvious to me
Margaret Connor (Mary) 1897 Drumnadragh

Fifty miles south is

Tullyballydonell is a townland in Ballinderry Civil Parish
William John Connor 1889 TullyBallyDonnell
Margaret Connor (Mary) 1864 TullyBallyDonnell.
Notes using https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/publications/proni-guide-church-records
Ballinderry there is more digitalised under https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/Church%20Records%20Available%20as%20Digital%20Copies%20in%20PRONI_0.pdf
C.I. Ballinderry (Connor diocese) Baptisms, 1806-71; [/font]marriages, 1805-45;burials, 1823-71; vestry minutes, 17901870 and 1929; extracts from baptisms relating to the Higgins family, 1806-37.
MOR. Ballinderry P. Ballinderry Baptisms, 1754-1817; marriages, 17841800; register of members, 1755-1816; ministers’ diaries, 1768, 1803-04, 181017 and 1842-90, which include baptisms, marriages and deaths, and lists of members; history of the church from 1750 and published 2000. Copy of financial report showing the amount paid by each seatholder to stipend and to the Sustentation fund, 1888-9.
R.C. Aghagallon (Down and Connor diocese) [Part of Ballinderry parish is in the Roman Catholic parish of Aghagallon – see under AGHAGALLON and part is in the Roman Catholic parish of Glenavy – see under GLENAVY]

hoping something helps, have run out of time

Familyresearcher5000

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 11:35:27 AM »
Jim, Wow!!! and thanks so much.

Familyresearcher5000

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 09:16:34 AM »
I can't find anything. Any other advice?

JimG

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 10:32:05 AM »

cant find anything??  you seek a miracle but are not researching enough yourself or giving enough information to others to help you.
take one example , you could have found where Drumadragh yourself ,  is it the right one I am not sure unless I do more work for you.

Drumadragh is a townland in Coleraine Civil Parish have you looked it up on a townland map for the civil parish which will guide you to nearestchurch or chapel

what do know of this person, Francis/ Frances gets muddled up sometime what sex is she or he, what is his her religious background, are they in the irish census 1911 yes or no,

is this him spelt Conner
6 in Ballywillin (Portrush Rural, Antrim)
Conner   John   43   Male   Head of Family   Church of Ireland   Co Antrim   Bassgitc Miner   Read and write   -   Married   -   16   -
Conner   Sara   38   Female   Wife   Church of Ireland   Co Derry   -   Read and write   -   Married   -   16   8   5
Conner   Sara   15   Female   Daughter   Church of Ireland   Co Antrim   Scholar   Read and write   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Conner   John   14   Male   Son   Church of Ireland   Co Antrim   Scholar   Read and write   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Conner   James   12   Male   Son   Church of Ireland   Co Antrim   Scholar   Read and write   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Conner   Isabel Watt   9   Female   Daughter   Church of Ireland   Co Antrim   Scholar   Read and write   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Conner   Francis   6   Male   Son   Church of Ireland   Co Antrim   Scholar   Cannot read   -   Single   -   -   -   -

.is he or she  in the English and rest of uk census, did he or she emigrate.  try findmypast migration     
PRONI Guide to Church records downloadable for Coleraine  use top rhcorner box to find church guides give
COLERAINE, CO. LONDONDERRY or look up Portrush area
B
. Coleraine
Baptisms, 1905-46; membership
MIC1H/1
register, c.1860-1993.
C.
Coleraine
Baptisms, 1837-50 and 1859-81; marriages, 1847-48 and 1855; burials, 1844-49; minutes, 1844-50 and1854-98; lists of members, c.1840-1850; accounts, 1854-59 and 1880-98.
MIC1G/1
Baptisms, 1938-; marriages, 1938-.
In local custody
C.I.
Coleraine (Connor diocese)
Baptisms, 1769-1873; baptisms in Coleraine workhouse, 1842-78; marriages, 1769-1845; burials, 17691882; vestry minutes, 1769-1816; communicants, 1818-37; preachers’ books, 1823-37 and 1852-66.
MIC1/7A
etcetcts and lists of members, 18631926.

have you already used familysearch.org emerald ancestors 
have you tried.

Familyresearcher5000

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 12:25:43 PM »
I guess that's me told. I'll trouble you no further.

JimG

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »

well you did trouble me further, I had spent a further hour searching for your query and was about to give up when I thought of spelling variants and found Francis Conner which I then placed near the top of my reply where Francis Connor was noted

so my further notes :-
Carnmoney area of greater Belfast
Connor family is living in 1901 at 13 in Whitewell (part of) (Carnmoney, with an Owen Carroll from Co Louth who might be Mary Ann’s brother
census1911  This Frances Connor is listed under birth 1904 in familysearch
51 in Collinward (Carnmoney, Antrim)
Connor Henry 45 Male Head of Family Church of Ireland County Antrim Labourer Brick Field Cannot read or write {Yet he signs but the signature has a space after C  his wifes name is spelt the same so strongly suggests signed by her see
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001540433/ }
Connor Mary Ann 44 Female Wife Roman Catholic County Louth - Read and write - Married - 22 6 6
children all six
Connor William John 21 Male Son Roman Catholic County Antrim Labourer Farm Read and write - Single - - - -
Connor Thomas Henry 18 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Antrim Milk Server Read and write - Single - - - -
Connor Patrick Joseph 16 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Antrim Milk Server Read and write -
Connor Maggie 14 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Antrim Mill Worker Spinning Mill Read and write
Connor Mary Alice 11 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Antrim Scholar Read and write
Connor Frances 7 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Antrim Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
I cannot connect this Frances to Balywiilin 

BALLYWILLIN CIVIL PARISH from Familysearch I learnt Ballywillin, or Milltown, is a parish in the Poor Law Union of Coleraine, partly in the barony of Lower Dunluce, county Antrim, but  mostly in the North-East liberties of Coleraine, county Londonderry.  Portrush is also in the Ballywillin civil parish as is Francis Conner in Ballywillin townland.
in the 1901 census there is one Conner and two Connor families in Nos 2. 3 and 4  Knockertotan (Portrush Rural, Antrim) this changes in 1911 to No 1  Benjamin Connor  also in 1901  is another Conner family in No 6 Urbalreagh (Portrush Rural, Antrim) above Knockertotan closer to north coast 
see the townland locations
https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/dunluce-lower/ballywillin/knockertotan/
from https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/dunluce-lower/ballywillin/portrush/
same source for Urbalreagh (Portrush Rural, Antrim

in 1911 in 1911 John Conner has gone his widow Esther remarries as Easter Maryhas children but keeps her own Conner children and the family lives at 3 in Ballycraig, Lower (Portrush Rural, Antrim) BUT THEIR NAME NOW is CONNOR
there are more Connor to exclude in these two census.

from all these websites you can see how close there are for churches probably Portrush, Portballintrae, Bushmills to the north Magherabuoy Presbterian to the west, Coleraine too far
Finally in that spelling the earliest Francis Conner found is son of Patrick b 1679 see https://www.ancestryireland.com/

Because of the brevity and minimal presentation of your ‘Another Connor Search’ I replied to best of my ability in the time available to me, because of your minimal approach I became irritated in my work. I was expecting you to give me a detailed reaction to each of the four individuals as to how you had selected them and had some further information to offer and you had already started to looking up Coleraine and Ballinderry sources for their deaths or marriages etc them yourself . or had already done so.. So I offer my apology for my unrealistic expectations, so now perhaps you will consider replying to present and future other readers as to whether if Francis Conner is a good or bad clue for you. And others might join in your quest but i retire now from the query.

Familyresearcher5000

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 07:46:15 AM »
Hello Jim, Please accept my sincere apologies. I had also become frustrated with the research. Limited sources and not much experience.

These are the two census I had to go on.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Carnmoney/Whitewell__part_of_/989530/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Carnmoney/Collinward/187904/

Upon checking Irish Genealogy, Findmypast, and Proni, I became very frustrated. I will endeavour to research further into parish records etc in the future.

I value your help and hope there will be no hard feelings. Noted the search information and will try to find what I am looking for.

A huge thanks as always.
FR