Author Topic: Schoolday Books.  (Read 944 times)

Bigali

Re: Schoolday Books.
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 07:26:05 AM »
This was my first book 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏼

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=38710.0

I remember the Peter and Jane books at primary school, now as an adult thinking back on them there was something slightly creepy and not quite right with the family set up in those books , everyone was insanely happy , The father still wore his shirt and tie when working in the garden even the grandfather when the family went to visit his farm had a shirt and tie on and the mother was a Doris Day clone always wearing an apron  :D
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

brixmis

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »
I remember the Peter and Jane books at primary school, now as an adult thinking back on them there was something slightly creepy and not quite right with the family set up in those books , everyone was insanely happy , The father still wore his shirt and tie when working in the garden even the grandfather when the family went to visit his farm had a shirt and tie on and the mother was a Doris Day clone always wearing an apron  :D
They had one of those varnished wood motor boat launches. I was very jealous.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Bigali

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2019, 11:11:18 PM »
 ;)

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

syriana

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2019, 11:26:20 PM »
No, but I forced myself to suffer through Playboy a few times.

Me to - I grew up thinking that all women had paper staples on their bellys.
The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

misssmyth1

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2019, 12:43:26 PM »
I adored the Little Women series of books  still love them . wonderful stories .Heidi
The Katy series 'What Katy did next'   etc and....   black Beauty . I used to buy Bunty ,Judy , later on  Jackie . i still love reading so much .

Bigali

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2019, 12:45:03 PM »
I adored the Little Women series of books  still love them . wonderful stories .Heidi
The Katy series 'What Katy did next'   etc and....   black Beauty . I used to buy Bunty ,Judy , later on  Jackie . i still love reading so much .

My sisters used to get The Bunty and Jackie , I secretly read them  :D

GEMMA

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2019, 12:53:54 PM »
My sisters used to get The Bunty and Jackie , I secretly read them  :D
you didn,t did you? a lot depends on your answer. :D please tell me you did not use scissors on this page.

misssmyth1

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2019, 12:55:52 PM »
I wrote a story for Jackie won and got a postal order for 5 bob. 1961 I think ..they had competitions problem page fashion pages etc  every girl loved it and we all used to buy different comics mags and swap so got to read them all eventually. i also love/loved  all the Marvel comics.. a boy in my street gave them to me when he had finished reading them every week . I had hundreds of them  in a large box but when we moved my mum threw them all out without asking me imagine the value these days .

Bigali

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2019, 12:57:10 PM »
you didn,t did you? a lot depends on your answer. :D please tell me you did not use scissors on this page.

No because the slapping I would have got from my sisters wouldn’t have been worth it  :D

Lost Login

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2019, 10:01:48 PM »
Kes by Barry Hines. Viking's Dawn by Henry Treece and Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis. I hated that character Chicken Licken from the Janet & John book. He had delusional paranoia, running around telling everybody that the sky was going to fall down.
Not available in Northern Ireland.