Author Topic: Z  (Read 932 times)

moorsy

Z
« on: May 29, 2019, 07:31:30 AM »
just watched " the lost city of Z " movie. On the pre-lims, a banner came up NORTHERN IRELAND SCREEN . what is this and what has it got to do with the movie?
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

CMcG

Re: Z
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 09:11:12 AM »
It says in the following link that 'The Lost City of Z was supported with funding from Northern Ireland Screen':
https://www.theknowledgeonline.com/the-knowledge-bulletin/post/2017/03/20/the-lost-city-of-z-filmed-in-belfast

A bit about Northern Ireland Screen in the following link:
https://www.northernirelandscreen.co.uk/about/

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Joe Kerr

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 02:49:38 PM »
I had a few days filming as an extra at the Dry Dock, in Methodist College, and at Castle Ward. I was really  surprised I wasn’t nominated for an Oscar.

Mind you it was a rubbish movie. The only exciting bit was when Charlie Hunnam got stung by a wasp during filming

moorsy

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 05:00:30 PM »
Got it, thanks. I seen Brad Pitt produced the movie.  1st for him ?

Dargan

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »
I had a few days filming as an extra at the Dry Dock, in Methodist College, and at Castle Ward. I was really  surprised I wasn’t nominated for an Oscar.

Mind you it was a rubbish movie. The only exciting bit was when Charlie Hunnam got stung by a wasp during filming

:D Loved that post. And it reminded me of being an extra and seeing Robbie Coltraine who came out of his caravan and yelled "Hiya baxters" at us lesser mortals trying to earn a few quid and keep body and soul together. Big time Charlie that he is. Then he got his leg stuck under the table of a fake railway carriage and trailed half the set away trying to free it. Life has its compensations.
Cryptic clue time: who wrote 1001 uses of vinegar but forgot chips? It's a war of attrition folks, make no mistake. Keep your thread alive.

moorsy

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 11:48:17 PM »
:D Loved that post. And it reminded me of being an extra and seeing Robbie Coltraine who came out of his caravan and yelled "Hiya baxters" at us lesser mortals trying to earn a few quid and keep body and soul together. Big time Charlie that he is. Then he got his leg stuck under the table of a fake railway carriage and trailed half the set away trying to free it. Life has its compensations.

I can picture it. :D

moorsy

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 11:49:51 PM »

Cant you just see Joe running around in his little loincloth. ::)

James James

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 04:13:07 AM »
Locations,...

ANTRIM: Summer Hill House,   Ballintoy Church,    Dunadrave House,    Glenarm

BELFAST: Corporation Square,     HMS Caroline,    Titanic Pump House,    Methodist College,    Somme Nursing Home,                               Titanic Belfast,             Belfast City Hall,        Botanic Gardens

DOWN: Myra Castle,     Castleward,      Mid Island,     Downpatrick Railway Museum,      Bangor Castle Leisure Centre

https://www.atlasofwonders.com/2017/03/the-lost-city-of-z-filming-locations.html

Joe Kerr

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 07:11:08 AM »
Cant you just see Joe running around in his little loincloth. ::)

I needed a long loincloth.   ;)

moorsy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 05:16:20 PM »
I needed a long loincloth.   ;)

Thats not what Sienna said  ???

James James

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 07:12:34 PM »
I needed a long loincloth.   ;)
Well a guy in a loincloth has to have somewhere to hide his emergency rations,... and a bag of spuds takes a lot of concealing.

Bigali

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 10:40:49 PM »
Locations,...

ANTRIM: Summer Hill House,   Ballintoy Church,    Dunadrave House,    Glenarm

BELFAST: Corporation Square,     HMS Caroline,    Titanic Pump House,    Methodist College,    Somme Nursing Home,                               Titanic Belfast,             Belfast City Hall,        Botanic Gardens

DOWN: Myra Castle,     Castleward,      Mid Island,     Downpatrick Railway Museum,      Bangor Castle Leisure Centre

https://www.atlasofwonders.com/2017/03/the-lost-city-of-z-filming-locations.html

* Dundarave House Bushmills Co Antrim.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

James James

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 02:24:44 PM »
* Dundarave House Bushmills Co Antrim.
Thankyou for the spelling correction and additional location information Al.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundarave_House

https://www.dundaraveestate.com/

Wow. !

moorsy

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »
where is Mid Island ?

James James